advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $155.89 ( -3.8741 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Let the Tweets begin! ""This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,""
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 18, 2017 10:28AM
"This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,"
tweeted Donald Trump shortly before 8am EDT.

All I can say is 'Not yet, Don, but it's a start."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Let the Tweets begin! ""This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,""
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2017 10:29AM
thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Let the Tweets begin! ""This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,""
Date: May 18, 2017 10:34AM
I can't wait the see the succeeding tweeting to flood out of his stubby little digits. Especially if he mixes them in with incoherent, 'crowd size', ass-backwards policy speeches as he embarrasses himself and The United States (in person) in front of the Sunnis, Israel, NATO and the G7...essentially about one third of the entire planet.

[edit] oops, left out the Pope, who has already promised 'not to preach to Trump'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2017 10:35AM by Steve G..
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 18, 2017 10:36AM
I don't know about that, this one was certainly bigley great, probably the greatest witch hunt, believe me.

[www.cnn.com]
Date: May 18, 2017 10:39AM
He also has tried to rope "Tapper Obama" and "Killer Hillary" into his strange narrative.

And BTW, he's put off moving our embassy to Jerusalem, as he has repeatedly promised. I'll bet you won't see him tweeting about that one.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2017 11:17AM
Steve G.
He also has tried to rope "Tapper Obama" and "Killer Hillary" into his strange narrative.

And BTW, he's put off moving our embassy to Jerusalem, as he has repeatedly promised. I'll bet you won't see him tweeting about that one.

Our current embassy is a big building and moving a building of that size is bigly hard. Better to wait until after The Wall is built when he will have more time to supervise the move.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 18, 2017 11:38AM
I think he'd be hard-pressed to prove that what he has endured so far is remotely close to enduring over four years of seven Congressional committees, $30 million spent, 33 separate hearings, not to mention a little thing called the Whitewater investigation.

Posted by: btfc
Date: May 18, 2017 11:42AM
His new book will be out soon, "Art of the Squeal".
Date: May 18, 2017 11:44AM
Just thought I'd throw this in for fun:

"Michael Flynn's lawyer says he won't answer Senate committee's subpoena, panel chairman says"
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 18, 2017 11:44AM

Found him.
Date: May 18, 2017 12:18PM
Trump can only hope they get to the terror perps of the Bowling Green Massacre.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 18, 2017 01:04PM
ever notice all the white people here?

Posted by: steve...
Date: May 18, 2017 01:35PM
Let the Tweets begin!

45 has a news conference this afternoon. I'm expecting more whining then.

ever notice all the white people here?

Hadn't seen this photo before. Where is Ben Carson?

Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 18, 2017 04:53PM
Posted by: davester
Date: May 18, 2017 04:56PM
You call that a witch hunt?

Do you vaguely remember something about a muslim kenyan witch with a fake birth certificate?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2017 05:22PM by davester.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 18, 2017 05:23PM
davester
You call that a witch hunt?

Do you vaguely remember something about a muslim kenyan with a fake birth certificate?

Yeah, I was personally reminded of something that started with a land deal that some former president lost money on.

In contrast, Watergate was a model of efficiency.

(BTW, the Cisneros deal, in case anyone forgot, was that when he was being cleared for Sec of HUD in the Clinton administration, he told the FBI he had paid money to a mistress, but understated the amount of that payment. He eventually pled guilty to a misdemeanor and paid a $10,000 fine, but it took special prosecutor David Barrett 11 years (and $22 million) to finish his report, which Wikipedia notes was "far and away the longest independent counsel investigation in history and the most expensive.". Wikipedia also notes that Barrett "thereafter spent six years investigating whether the Department of Justice and the Internal Revenue Service had impeded his investigation with no success." Gaaa!)
Posted by: hal
Date: May 18, 2017 05:23PM
$tevie

That's brilliant! afaic, fun images like this are the ONLY good reason for facebook to exist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 184
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015