advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Democratic Leaders Try to Slow Calls to Impeach Trump"
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 18, 2017 04:37PM
When House Democratic leaders hastily called a news conference Wednesday to demonstrate their outrage at President Trump’s latest dramatics, they took great pains to show they were not seeking to railroad him out of the White House.

“No one ought to, in my view, rush to embrace the most extraordinary remedy that involves the removal of the president from office,” said Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the sober-minded senior Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee. He warned that Democrats should not let their actions “be perceived as an effort to nullify the election by other means.”

At that very moment, Representative Al Green, Democrat of Texas, was in the well of the House thundering, “The president must be impeached!”

[www.nytimes.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Democratic Leaders Try to Slow Calls to Impeach Trump"
Posted by: hal
Date: May 18, 2017 05:08PM
yeah... good luck with that...
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 18, 2017 10:53PM
The investigation may turn up all sorts of sundry tidbits and salacious details. Why preemptively exclude that from the public realm?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 19, 2017 10:54AM
mrbigstuff
The investigation may turn up all sorts of sundry tidbits and salacious details. Why preemptively exclude that from the public realm?

Because every day he is in power he is harming lots of people. I'm glad you're apparently not one of them, but yesterday ICE arrested a local mom with no record more serious than driving without a valid license. What happens to her two kids when she's deported?

Impeach and convict him now. The sooner the better.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 19, 2017 11:26AM
rjmacs
mrbigstuff

Because every day he is in power he is harming lots of people. I'm glad you're apparently not one of them, but yesterday ICE arrested a local mom with no record more serious than driving without a valid license. What happens to her two kids when she's deported?

People can want what they want. Nothing is going to circumvent process. The time to be urgent was on November 8th. The time to protect our Latino brothers and sisters was on November 8th. The time to panic was on November 8th.

It's ain't all just about Trump. It's about his entire food chain.
Date: May 19, 2017 11:29AM
vision63
rjmacs
mrbigstuff

People can want what they want. Nothing is going to circumvent process. The time to be urgent was on November 8th. The time to protect our Latino brothers and sisters was on November 8th. The time to panic was on November 8th.

It's ain't all just about Trump. It's about his entire food chain.

I'm with you, and I was out there fighting the fight then, too.

It's not too late to stop the bleeding. This isn't about one campaign, one fight, one front. This is many causes, many fights, many places, all the time. Impeachment and conviction is just one of those.

rj
AKA
Date: May 19, 2017 11:31AM
Just a reminder that Presidents cannot be impeached because they make people angry or scare people. This is an action that depends on the probity and circumspection of our nation's legislators. Let the process unfold as it should.

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 19, 2017 11:54AM
In addition, I want his brand destroyed.
Date: May 19, 2017 11:59AM
Patience, grasshopper.

Date: May 19, 2017 12:46PM
Without people like me, people like you might stall forever, waiting for the 'perfect case.'

I'm okay with the dialectical tension if you are. Or if you aren't.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 19, 2017 12:51PM
No one waiting in the line of succession is going to change any of the policies. Of course, they are less likely to accidentally set their ham sandwich on the nuclear button, which would be a good thing.
Date: May 19, 2017 01:00PM
Acer
No one waiting in the line of succession is going to change any of the policies. Of course, they are less likely to accidentally set their ham sandwich on the nuclear button, which would be a good thing.

We have to stop waiting for the perfect replacement, as though if we just 'do' the impeachment well enough, Bernie Sanders will magically be elected to the presidency.

Let's settle for 'get the megalomaniacal, incompetent, manipulable, dangerous autocrat out of the job' and worry about the next president when we have a next president.

rj
AKA
Date: May 19, 2017 02:04PM
rjmacs
Without people like me, people like you might stall forever, waiting for the 'perfect case.'

I'm okay with the dialectical tension if you are. Or if you aren't.

I'm not waiting for the perfect case.

Your statement is absurd. You need investigations, evidence, testimony, you need reporters to dig things up.

Do you think Nixon resigned because people were writing angry letters to the editor?

I'm not waiting for the perfect case. I'm realistic enough to know that "Trump was mean to my neighbor" is not an impeachable offense.

You pull the trigger too soon, the man flies away with nothing more than a few feathers blown off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015