advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $160.95 ( -0.65 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Congress sends letter to Trump urging him to stop spreading fake news......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2017 06:56AM
.....the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology to be precise....the letter can be read at the link in the article....

Congress calls out Trump’s lies, urges him to stop spreading fake news

.....Trump has a fake news problem, and everybody knows it. While he keeps labeling most of the media reports that criticize him and his administration as “fake news,” that’s not the problem I’m referring to. Trump has a problem with the way he spreads the truth. He often replaces it with alternative facts, and some of those come from shady sources. Congress has finally caught on to it, and it has officially asked the realtor-in-chief to stop spreading fake news.

Before you get too excited, this particular notice comes from the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology, and looks to address the White House’s inability to properly staff the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).

“Concerned about the process” by which Trump receives information, the Committee asks for is for the White House to find someone qualified to lead the Office.

“Disseminating stories from dubious sources has been a recurring problem with your administration,” the letter tells Trump. “You previously made the false claim that President Obama ordered phones to be ‘tapped” based on false reports which have subsequently been contradicted by senior US intelligence officials. You falsely stated that millions of votes were cast against you ‘illegally’ after reading about subsequently-debunked ‘research” pushed by alt-right websites. This, by no means, is a comprehensive list of your activities peddling fake news.”

The letter also quotes other events involving fake news that reached Trump, including printouts of hoax Time magazine covers concerning climate change.

The representatives signing the paper, including both Republican and Democrats, urge Trump to hire a competent person atop to lead the OSTP. Failure to do so, the letter notes, could only result in the dissemination of more misinformation and fake news.

The letter is available in full at this link.

you gotta' fake it......to make it...............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Congress sends letter to Trump urging him to stop spreading fake news......
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 19, 2017 08:37AM
Congressional Republicans are finally wising up that if they continue to support Donnie, they will all lose their jerbs to illegal immigrants from the Democratic Party.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 19, 2017 12:24PM
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 19, 2017 01:06PM
I thought this was from the Onion but it appears to be legit.

NewtonMP2100
Congress calls out Trump’s lies, urges him to stop spreading fake news

Congress has finally caught on to it, and it has officially asked the realtor-in-chief to stop spreading fake news.

The representatives signing the paper, including both Republican and Democrats,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 19, 2017 01:55PM
I love that sign, hal.

Posted by: davester
Date: May 19, 2017 06:17PM
$tevie
I love that sign, hal.

Me too. I wish I'd thought of it and carried it in the March for Science.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 19, 2017 09:02PM
Just a little progress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 09:02PM by sekker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015