advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off. I’m not under investigation,”
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 19, 2017 03:11PM
As Murdoch's NY Post spins it:
President Trump told Russian officials who visited the Oval Office that ousted FBI chief James Comey “was crazy, a real nut job” and that canning him took “great pressure” off of him, a new report said Friday. “I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said, according to a document that summarized the sitdown, the New York Times reported.

“I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off. I’m not under investigation,” the president said in his May 10 meeting with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador.

The conversation is another indication that Trump’s primary reason for firing Comey was because of concern over the feds’ probe into Russia’s meddling in the election and possible collusion with Team Trump. Trump spokesman Sean Spicer did not dispute the account, the paper reported.

Comey, he said in a statement, had put unwarranted pressure on the president’s ability to conduct diplomacy with Russia, Syria, Ukraine and ISIS.

I guess he knew that Putin would enjoy this report from his agents...err diplomats. Not as much fun as gunning him down or throwing acid in Comey's face, however, like Putin prefers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 03:15PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off. I’m not under investigation,”
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 19, 2017 03:22PM
Steve G.
President Trump told Russian officials who visited the Oval Office that ousted FBI chief James Comey “was crazy, a real nut job”
Re: “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off. I’m not under investigation,”
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 19, 2017 03:30PM
If Trump thought he faced great pressure because of Russia, he is going to face the greatest, the very best pressure because of Russia. We are talking bigly pressure.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 19, 2017 05:25PM
I want a grownup in the White House NOW, not some 12 year old kid who brags about firing someone in order to impress his Russian buddies. What's it going to take? Making armpit farts for the pope? The world has to be laughing at us. angry smiley

Surely even the Republicans must be embarrassed by now.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 05:29PM by Ammo.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 19, 2017 06:00PM
Reminds me of another remark that made the Right apoplectic at the time: "This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama once said to Medvedev.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015