advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
License and Registration Please .... Um.. you're WHO ? Whoops !
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 13, 2017 02:51PM
A couple of Florida cops pull over the only black state's attorney.... hilarity will ensue !

[www.cnn.com]

heh heh heh.

Also I had no idea that there were 'secret' license plates. I guess that makes sense if you assume the state databases are accessible illegally, and you want to stay under the radar of miscreants.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: License and Registration Please .... Um.. you're WHO ? Whoops !
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 13, 2017 03:15PM
From her appearance, she's guilty as sin.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 13, 2017 03:38PM
Oh, we run license plates all the time... I bet you do.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 13, 2017 03:41PM
$tevie
Oh, we run license plates all the time... I bet you do.

Actually, they probably do. With current technology they can automatically read and check a plate in fractions of a second, one right after another, every single plate, with suspicious plates being brought to the officer's attention.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 13, 2017 04:02PM
Wish the recording went on longer to hear the conversation between the two officers after they got back in their car.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 13, 2017 04:23PM
She's been through quite enough already in Florida. I suppose racial profiling was just a little turd-nugget on the top of her Rick Scott sundae.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: July 13, 2017 05:46PM
I'm amazed that they put dark window tint on state owned vehicles. Police officers hate dark tint since they cannot see what is happening inside the car. Speaking of which, if that car was for state use only why was she driving it while on her moonlight job teaching at a university?

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 13, 2017 06:37PM
C(-)ris
I'm amazed that they put dark window tint on state owned vehicles. Police officers hate dark tint since they cannot see what is happening inside the car. Speaking of which, if that car was for state use only why was she driving it while on her moonlight job teaching at a university?

When you take a fleet vehicle as your primary vehicle, you are permitted 'normal use' when off duty. She's not the offender here - stop it.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 13, 2017 08:14PM
cbelt3
Also I had no idea that there were 'secret' license plates. I guess that makes sense if you assume the state databases are accessible illegally, and you want to stay under the radar of miscreants.

Steve Jobs car, captured in Cupertino during a DMP expedition (ca. ~2003). It's a bar code.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 13, 2017 08:35PM
I think it's been determined that the barcode is from Mercedes and they all have one under the plate. Steve was just an a-hole that didn't want to put a plate on his car (and liked to illegally park in handicapped parking spaces). My guess is that he had the plates someplace in the car in case he was ever stopped.

I've seen other claims that he bought a new car every 6 months to "legally" avoid needing plates, but other reports of people reading the car's VIN at various points in time over a few years seems to disprove that.

Filliam H. Muffman
cbelt3

Steve Jobs car, captured in Cupertino during a DMP expedition (ca. ~2003). It's a bar code.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015