advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $152.09 ( +1.82 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump says his wall along the US-Mexico border will have to be see-through so people don't get hit with giant sacks of drugs
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 13, 2017 09:36PM
NOT the Onion:

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall.

"And I'll give you an example: As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over," Trump continued. "As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs".
[www.businessinsider.com]

A transparent solar wall. smiley-music039
President Trump Wants ‘See-through’ Border Wall

The House GOP just proposed allocating $1.6 billion toward the construction of the wall — though that’s only a fraction of the wall’s total cost. Trump had previously suggested equipping the border wall with solar panels to give Mexico a discount and help defray its multi-billion-dollar price tag, and a reporter wanted to know, was he really, actually serious about that idea?

“No, not joking, no,” Trump said. “There is a chance that we can do a solar wall.”
[nymag.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump says his wall along the US-Mexico border will have to be see-through so people don't get hit with giant sacks of drugs
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 13, 2017 09:58PM
I think it'll be an invisible wall. But he should start selling his voters on the idea now, so that when it "happens" they'll understand.
Re: Trump says his wall along the US-Mexico border will have to be see-through so people don't get hit with giant sacks of drugs
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 13, 2017 10:20PM
deckeda
I think it'll be an invisible wall. But he should start selling his voters on the idea now, so that when it "happens" they'll understand.

smiley-laughing001
Date: July 13, 2017 10:22PM
Lemon Drop
deckeda

smiley-laughing001
smiley-laughing001
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 13, 2017 10:24PM
Lemon Drop
deckeda

smiley-laughing001

But we'll still get stuck paying for it.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 13, 2017 10:37PM
GGD
Lemon Drop
deckeda

smiley-laughing001

yeah but we can pay with transparent money
Posted by: gabester
Date: July 14, 2017 06:24AM
Lemon Drop
GGD
Lemon Drop
deckeda

smiley-laughing001

yeah but we can pay with transparent money

You know, I really like this erstwhile emperor's new clothes!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 14, 2017 07:38AM
Who was the guy the other day that said money saved from defunding Planned Parenthood and something else (for the poor, naturally) should go to the wall? It was a master stroke of double/triple hate all-in-one.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: July 14, 2017 09:02AM
deckeda
Who was the guy the other day that said money saved from defunding Planned Parenthood and something else (for the poor, naturally) should go to the wall? It was a master stroke of double/triple hate all-in-one.

Rep. Steve King from Iowa.
Date: July 14, 2017 11:00AM
I'd rather get hit by a giant sack of drugs than a lying sack of s h i t.

Posted by: bfd
Date: July 14, 2017 02:32PM
Obviously, if we were simply a more cultured civilization, we might be in danger of this happening …

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 201
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015