AAPL stock: $150.49 ( -0.53 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Delta Airline calls out Coulter
Posted by: beagledave
Date: July 16, 2017 06:48PM
This is their official Twitter account.

[twitter.com]

@AnnCoulter Additionally, your insults about our other customers and employees are unacceptable and unnecessary.

If you're not familiar with the story, WaPo has it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Delta Airline calls out Coulter
Posted by: hal
Date: July 16, 2017 06:59PM
Nice hate piece. I have to admit, that it was kinda weird that Delta forced her to get up and move two seats over. Why on earth couldn't the OTHER person take that seat?
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 17, 2017 12:58AM
Found this image in one of the responses to be very humorous.

Posted by: Onamuji
Date: July 17, 2017 05:06AM
hal
Nice hate piece. I have to admit, that it was kinda weird that Delta forced her to get up and move two seats over. Why on earth couldn't the OTHER person take that seat?

Apparently, Delta is contractually bound not to reveal why they moved Coulter, which inadvertently points to them moving her for one of two reasons: Either one of the passengers had a disability and needed a caretaker to sit next to her; or the family was flying on last-minute "bereavement" tickets and initially couldn't get seats together due to the last-minute nature of such things.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 17, 2017 08:30AM
Such an ugly self-important Chienne. Continued proof that Coulter is a nasty, nasty person.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 17, 2017 09:03AM
The biggest shame is that we pay such losers any attention at all.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: July 17, 2017 09:20AM

The airline said that Coulter originally booked seat 15F, which is located by the window in an exit row, however; within 24 hours of the flight’s departure, the customer changed to seat 15D, which is by the aisle. At the time of boarding, Delta inadvertently moved Coulter to 15A, a window seat, when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests.

When there was some confusion with seating assignments during boarding, a flight attendant stepped in and asked that all of the passengers move to the seats noted on their respective tickets. All customers complied and the flight departed without incident. Following the flight, crew members reported that there were no problems or concerns escalated.

[news.delta.com]

Here's the seat map, all seats in row 15 are the extra legroom exit row seats.

[www.seatguru.com]

So it seems that she originally had a Window on the right side, changed to an Aisle on the right side, and Delta moved her to Window on the left side. All were extra legroom exit row seats. This appears to be what she started a war over.

Delta's statement makes it sound like the switch was possibly due to trying to seat people traveling together next to eachother.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 17, 2017 09:29AM
The faultless passengers whose photograph she tweeted all over creation have a good case for suing her. But they're probably not chronic victims and can let it go. What a self-important whiny twit.
Date: July 17, 2017 09:40AM
Lemon Drop
The faultless passengers whose photograph she tweeted all over creation have a good case for suing her. But they're probably not chronic victims and can let it go. What a self-important whiny twit.

Probably not, unless she specifically named or derided them in her posts. A commercial flight would be considered a public space, and you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that kind of environment.

rj
AKA
Date: July 17, 2017 09:43AM
Honestly, the thing I find most surprising about this is that she was flying coach. I guess being a professional asshole doesn't pay as well as I'd have guessed.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 17, 2017 09:49AM
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

Probably not, unless she specifically named or derided them in her posts. A commercial flight would be considered a public space, and you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that kind of environment.

Correct, I dealt with this situation fairly regularly when I was with the paper. Although the aircraft is private, it is considered a public site much like a store or shopping center. In that matter, you may take photos until requested not too by the management. When asked to stop, you must comply or are guilty of trespass. The only stipulation is you must not use those photos in advertising, or sell them without permission. In this case, the photos would be protected and allowed by the 1st amendment - but once again, the photographer must stop when requested by the management.

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing" -- Socrates
“I’m, like, a really smart person.” -- Donald Trump
Date: July 17, 2017 10:08AM
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

it's not just the photo, it's the verbal abuse she's tweeting on her high profile twitter account: Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.'

I think this woman could easily sue Coulter for emotional abuse and harassment - Coulter is still not letting this go, she's trying to goad other conservative talking heads to gang up on Delta, their crew and these passengers.
She's also claiming that it took $10,000 of her time to book the $30 seat upgrade.
Date: July 17, 2017 10:14AM
Lemon Drop
She's also claiming that it took $10,000 of her time to book the $30 seat upgrade.

She should really hire an assistant if her time is that valuable and there were people willing to pay her $10K that she had to turn down because she was busy selecting a $30 seat upgrade.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 17, 2017 10:22AM
it took $10,000 of her time

If that's true, she would be flying in first or a private charter.
Date: July 17, 2017 10:23AM
Lemon Drop
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

it's not just the photo, it's the verbal abuse she's tweeting on her high profile twitter account: Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.'

I think this woman could easily sue Coulter for emotional abuse and harassment - Coulter is still not letting this go, she's trying to goad other conservative talking heads to gang up on Delta, their crew and these passengers.

I missed the "dachshund-legged" comment. A weird thing to say, for sure, but still - the first amendment protects a lot of stuff. I'm predicting that no lawsuit or settlement comes of this, provided that C***ter says nothing further about the woman. But we'll see!

rj
AKA
Date: July 17, 2017 10:33AM
rjmacs

I missed the "dachshund-legged" comment. A weird thing to say, for sure, but still - the first amendment protects a lot of stuff. I'm predicting that no lawsuit or settlement comes of this, provided that C***ter says nothing further about the woman. But we'll see!

She just adds so much unpleasantness to the world, my little spirit just wants to see her held accountable. ;0
Date: July 17, 2017 10:36AM
Lemon Drop
rjmacs

She just adds so much unpleasantness to the world, my little spirit just wants to see her held accountable. ;0

Me too! And believe you me, if I were in charge, the accountability would not be limited to a financial award....

rj
AKA
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 17, 2017 10:40AM
The more attention this gets, the more she will tweet about it. Look up the definition of 'attention @#$%&' in the dictionary and Coulter's picture is next to it.

Posted by: Ammo
Date: July 17, 2017 11:14AM
$tevie
The more attention this gets, the more she will tweet about it. Look up the definition of 'attention @#$%&' in the dictionary and Coulter's picture is next to it.

thumbs up

"When the tree falls, the monkeys scatter." Chinese proverb.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: decay
Date: July 17, 2017 11:35AM
She sounds like a real SNOWFLAKE.

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 338
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015