advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Trump Says He Has Signed More Bills Than Any President, Ever. He Hasn’t."
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 17, 2017 05:29PM

To hear President Trump tell it, his first six months in the White House should be judged in part by the legislation he has signed into law.

At rallies, in speeches and on Twitter, Mr. Trump repeatedly boasts of the bills he has signed — 42 as of this week. He has said no president has “passed more legislation,” conceding once earlier this year that he trails Franklin D. Roosevelt, who he notes “had a major Depression to handle.”

On Monday, he went even further, claiming to have bested all of his predecessors in turning bills into law.

“We’ve signed more bills — and I’m talking about through the legislature — than any president, ever,” Mr. Trump said at a “Made in America” event at the White House. “For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody.”

Turning to Vice President Mike Pence, he added an aside about news media fact-checkers: “I better say ‘think’; otherwise they will give you a Pinocchio. And I don’t like Pinocchios.”
[www.nytimes.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Trump Says He Has Signed More Bills Than Any President, Ever. He Hasn’t."
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 17, 2017 05:38PM
More like Pantalones en Fuego.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 17, 2017 06:37PM

In fact, as he approaches six months in office on Thursday, Mr. Trump is slightly behind the lawmaking pace for the past six presidents, who as a group signed an average of 43 bills during the same period. And an analysis of the bills Mr. Trump signed shows that about half were minor and inconsequential, passed by Congress with little debate.

This with a Republican House and Senate.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 17, 2017 11:46PM
The 36% want and deserve to hear what a great President we have. Stop confusing them with facts. They can't take it.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 18, 2017 03:08PM
Lux Interior
More like Pantalones en Fuego.

That's 45's taco bowl order.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 18, 2017 04:57PM
Not to worry, with the Republicans in control of Congress and the alt.White House, their will be plenty of bad laws passed and signed into law.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015