Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Has the National Enquirer stopped loving Trump?? NOPE my bad
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 09, 2017 02:54PM

Trump Advisor Sex Scandal — Paul Manafort’s Sick Affair
[www.nationalenquirer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 01:02PM by $tevie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Has the National Enquirer stopped loving Trump??
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 09, 2017 02:57PM
I really don't want to open the NI website - but if the story is the title, then how would that hurt Trump? It's a distraction away from him, onto Manafort. And unless this woman turns out to be a Russian agent, it's also a distraction from what's REALLY important about Paul Manafort.
So it seems like this might help both of them.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 09, 2017 03:04PM
Dunno. Doubt it...but the WSJ editorial page apparently came out against Bannon yesterday:

“[N]otice the alt-right brigades who seem to rise up as if on call to smite some White House policy opponent of aide Steve Bannon...The former Breitbart publisher has been a White House survivor, but his warring habits have also been responsible for much of the White House dysfunction.”

Yeeeaahhh, we did notice that.

“Mr. Trump may worry about the damage Mr. Bannon and his allies could do to his Administration if he is no longer part of the White House team. But if his minions continue to vilify his colleagues inside the White House, how can anyone tell the difference?”

"Minions". Heh.

(Steve Bannon surveys loyal White House and Breitbart News staff)
Posted by: hal
Date: August 09, 2017 03:05PM
All I'm seeing is a picture gallery, a video teasing Glen Campbell, Dolly Parton etc stories and a HORRIBLE video (with HUGE volume) popping up with a Wendy Williams (in case you were wondering what happened to her) talk show.

What horrible garbage! Is there a story there somewhere?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 09, 2017 03:07PM
Maybe it's to justify throwing Manafort under the bus after his search warrant got more publicity.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 09, 2017 03:16PM
....the Enquirer is Trump's friend....so the buzz is that Trump is trying to 'discredit' Manafort [ a.k.a. throw him under the bus ] but just speculation........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 09, 2017 03:16PM
Are they still attacking Hillary ? If so, nope.
Date: August 09, 2017 03:49PM
Speaking of odd political bedfellows:

Top Trump donor ponies up to take out Flake

Robert Mercer, a reclusive hedge fund billionaire who was intimately involved in Trump’s rise and helped to bankroll his 2016 campaign, is contributing $300,000 to a super PAC supporting former state Sen. Kelli Ward, who is challenging Flake in a Republican primary next year.

Apparently voting for Trumpcare wasn't enough to mollify anyone. If Nevada is lucky, this will split the GOP with a divisive primary and flip the Senate seat to Dem.

Also, Hannity takes on McConnell:

Fox News host Sean Hannity called Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell "weak" and "spineless" hours after vowing to stop "all petty political disagreements" in light of new threats from North Korea.

". @SenateMajLdr No Senator, YOU are a WEAK, SPINELESS leader who does not keep his word and you need to Retire!" Hannity wrote on Twitter in a post dated 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. He appears to have sent but deleted the same tweet at around 11 p.m. Tuesday, about eight hours after he had vowed to avoid political disagreements for 12 hours.

smiley-laughing001
Date: August 09, 2017 04:46PM
Evidently it is now open season on McConnell:
Donald J. Trump
Senator Mitch McConnell said I had "excessive expectations," but I don't think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?
11:14 AM - 9 Aug 2017

As for the Enquirer, sorry for the lousy link but no reputable site is going to have that story. It's a slide show with the story spelled out on the side as you go through it. Basically, Manafort is screwing around with a younger woman "wearing his wedding ring while romping in the room he shares with his wife".

I suppose it makes sense that the Enquirer may be going after Manafort because Manafort's in trouble now, but I can't make that into something that helps Trump since it's too late to fire Manafort -- which is what I would think this would have been useful for.

Date: August 09, 2017 05:15PM
anyway, "Has the National Enquirer stopped loving Trump??"

you're forgetting the administration's standard line on Manafort...

"Obviously there’s been discussion of Paul Manafort, who played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time," Spicer said in a March 20 White House press briefing....

and I forget who it was - perhaps Kelly Ann - that pretended to not know who Manafort was.
Date: August 09, 2017 05:24PM
Who ees theese "Manafort" you speeek of?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 09, 2017 06:50PM
$tevie
Basically, Manafort is screwing around with a younger woman "wearing his wedding ring while romping in the room he shares with his wife".

Gee, let me think, who else would and has done something exactly like this...

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: August 09, 2017 06:51PM
Jack Kennedy.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 09, 2017 06:54PM
$tevie
Jack Kennedy.

I was thinking of someone current.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Has the National Enquirer stopped loving Trump?? NOPE
Date: August 10, 2017 01:02PM
Well, I was way off. The Enquirer's love is firmly in place:

In fact, Manafort had alerted authorities to a controversial meeting on June 9, 2016, involving Trump’s son Donald Jr., other campaign representatives and a Russian lawyer promising damaging information on Hillary Clinton, according to people familiar with the matter. The president and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, were dragged into the matter as details repeatedly emerged that contradicted the initial accounts of that meeting.
[www.bloomberg.com]

Date: August 10, 2017 02:25PM
yeah, I ALWAYS say, 'I LOVE IT!' when I'm dragged to a meeting that I don't want to attend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015