advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $156.25 ( +0.27 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Businesses Are Finally Realizing That Trump Causes “Uncertainty”
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 10, 2017 09:51AM
All it took was a nixed trade deal, stalled pipelines, and a threat to nuke North Korea.

When President Trump was elected, the concerns of supply-siders and Wall Street titans over uncertainty seemed to dissipate. They were sure that the impending tax-reform package, regulatory reduction, and the repeal of Obamacare would cause the markets and economy to boom. An incoming administration hostile to facts, norms, and maybe even the sanctity of the republic? No concerns here! And, as Trump often reminds us, the markets have soared to new heights while volatility has decreased. But six months into his presidency, there is abundant evidence of actual uncertainty emanating from Washington—including but not limited to the policy chaos intentionally fomented by the Trump administration—that is beginning to harm business and investment.

Across the board, Trump has generally not bothered to staff up the government, thrown into question long-standing U.S. trade policy, and instigated and supported efforts to blow up the insurance industry. And it is starting to become clear just how these efforts are harming business.
[www.slate.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Businesses Are Finally Realizing That Trump Causes “Uncertainty”
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 10, 2017 10:04AM
....yeah, saw the markets dip when he released his 'fire & fury' response to N. Korea.....not good....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 10, 2017 10:59AM
I've been wondering about why he can't (or won't) fill the vacant positions in his administration, given that so many are in vital areas: diplomacy, defense, trade, etc and the lack of staff means policies cannot be implemented.

good article here- essentially Trump did not send the appointments to the Senate early enough, and now they are busy doing other stuff and so nominations take longer. Trump naturally blames it on Dems - interesting when his own party controls the Senate.

“A lot of those jobs, I don’t want to appoint, because they’re unnecessary to have,” Trump told Fox News in February. “You know, we have so many people in government, even me. I look at some of the jobs and it’s people over people over people. I say, ‘What do all these people do?’ You don’t need all those jobs.”
[www.theguardian.com]
The argument is not very persuasive, said Stier, because Trump is not eliminating the positions, he is just not filling them – and the positions in question, a mere fraction of total government employees, still require federal officials to fill them on an acting basis.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 10, 2017 01:49PM
Lemon Drop
I've been wondering about why he can't (or won't) fill the vacant positions in his administration, given that so many are in vital areas: diplomacy, defense, trade, etc and the lack of staff means policies cannot be implemented.

Trump is far too busy watching Fox News, tweeting, pouring over his twice-daily "positive" reports and golfing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 281
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015