advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $159.88 ( +2.89 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What happened while I was at lunch?
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 10, 2017 03:23PM
I come back from lunch and read 45 doesnt think he has gone far enuf on NK! He should use tougher language.
OMG what is he thinking and who is butting the reins on him? Who is egging him on? Does he. Want ww3 so he can please his minions?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What happened while I was at lunch?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 10, 2017 03:27PM
How can you eat at a time like this when our nation is on the verge of nukular war? Fortunately we have a strong leader reigning over us. Please pass the ketchup.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: August 10, 2017 03:30PM
Speedy
How can you eat at a time like this when our nation is on the verge of nukular war? Fortunately we have a strong leader reigning over us. Please pass the ketchup.

My steak is too rare. Send it back. I cannot believe what is happenig with our super leader? Mattis he liked thumbs down for Tillerson.

What who gave him all this bravado???

PS: he has sent more troops to Afghanistan.

45 thanks his pal Puton for reducing Amer working in Russia because we are trying to cut spendingsmiley-shocked003

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 03:45PM by samintx.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 10, 2017 03:32PM
Sam, all he has is language. Not great intelligence, nor experience (of any useful kind for a presidency), no understanding, or empathy, or particular bravery. No diplomatic or political skills. He just blusters. That's all he's ever done.

He assumes that because North Korea is ignoring - no - seeing his bluster and raising, that there must have been an insufficient application of bluster initially.

That's all he's got to offer, personally.

God help us.
Date: August 10, 2017 03:35PM
Unfortunately, it did take him away from his golf game. Although not his golf course.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 10, 2017 03:37PM
....he ain't got game [ never had it, never will ]....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 10, 2017 03:43PM
pdq
Sam, all he has is language. Not great intelligence, nor experience (of any useful kind for a presidency), no understanding, or empathy, or particular bravery. No diplomatic or political skills. He just blusters. That's all he's ever done.

Before he bought a gun, George Zimmerman was just another workaday racist asshole. Once he had a gun, he put himself in situation after situation hoping to get a chance to use it to 'defend' himself and his neighborhood. Eventually he murdered a Black teen named Trayvon Martin to prove that he was justified in carrying that gun.

45, or as I'll call him here, "Orange George," isn't just carrying a Kel-Tec PF-9. He's got thousands of nukes to prove his point.

We have a lot more to worry about here than bluster.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: August 10, 2017 03:46PM
....OMG, now he sounds like a Coke commercial.....he'd like to de-nuke the world.....

Date: August 10, 2017 03:52PM
Here's a nice little illustration of our prez that I just came across, based on a "motivational" talk he gave to students at religious Liberty University in 2012:

At the end of the 35-minute talk, he toys playfully with the crowd, saying he has two core points he always closes with: Get a prenuptial agreement before you get married, and — here he raises his voice — “get even.”

“Don’t let people take advantage — get even. If nothing else, people will see that and say: ‘I’m going to let [those people] alone because they are tough customers.’ I always say it, but I won’t say it to you, because this is a different audience.”

Trump pauses. “You don’t want to get even, do you?” He smiles. “Yeah, I think you do.”

This is the ethical and philosophical guiding principle of our president: get even.
Date: August 10, 2017 04:16PM
pdq
Here's a nice little illustration of our prez that I just came across, based on a "motivational" talk he gave to students at religious Liberty University in 2012:

At the end of the 35-minute talk, he toys playfully with the crowd, saying he has two core points he always closes with: Get a prenuptial agreement before you get married, and — here he raises his voice — “get even.”

“Don’t let people take advantage — get even. If nothing else, people will see that and say: ‘I’m going to let [those people] alone because they are tough customers.’ I always say it, but I won’t say it to you, because this is a different audience.”

Trump pauses. “You don’t want to get even, do you?” He smiles. “Yeah, I think you do.”

This is the ethical and philosophical guiding principle of our president: get even.

His voters love him for it. Vengeance is mine, saith the Donald.

Date: August 10, 2017 04:23PM
Watching the recent press tape. 45 is acting so cocky. nuts smiley
Date: August 10, 2017 04:38PM
FWIW, the WaPo's Factchecker looked at Trump's claim that our nuclear arsenal was "now far stronger and more powerful than ever before", and gave it four Pinocchios.

Our nuclear arsenal is second to none and many orders of magnitude greater than NKs. But Trump's comment was just more bluster and self-aggrandizement.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 10, 2017 05:35PM
He's either bluffing or stupid (yeah, probably both).
Date: August 10, 2017 05:49PM
.......first he says he wants to 'de-nuke'.........then he says that we need stronger nuke capabilities......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 06:34AM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: August 10, 2017 10:08PM
Pres. Trump needs to get educated on our nukular arsenal by the Sec. of Energy, and he should do it before he appoints him head of Homeland Security.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 259
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015