advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $157.50 ( -0.36 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
BREAKING: TRAITOR TRUMP THANKS MASTER PUTIN FOR EXPELLING US DIPLOMATS
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 10, 2017 08:31PM
No really. He did. Seriously. This man is INSANE.
Expect organized revolts in the State Dept.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

"“I want to thank him because we're trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I'm concerned I'm very thankful that he let go a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump said. “There's no real reason for them to go back. I greatly appreciate the fact that we've been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We're going to save a lot of money.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: BREAKING: TRAITOR TRUMP THANKS MASTER PUTIN FOR EXPELLING US DIPLOMATS
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 10, 2017 09:01PM
Up is down in Trumpville.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 10, 2017 09:25PM
Doesnt he know the will still be on a payroll..idiot
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 10, 2017 09:26PM
We could save millions if 45 would just quit. I'd vote for that payroll reduction.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 10, 2017 09:55PM
He was trying to make a joke from the Reagan playbook but he didn't have the brains to pull it off.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 10, 2017 11:14PM
No real journalists at the WAPO anymore. Or editors. Just a bunch of dimwits punching buttons on their keyboards. It's truly amazing that they lack the language skills to recognize sarcasm. Thanks Jeff Bozo! FWIW, I delivered this paper back in the 70's when it was a serious newspaper. I built some serious leg muscles riding my bike. It was not the NYT, but like most papers back then, they employed very good investigative journalists. It's just astonishing that anyone would even read or give credence to the crap they publish today.
Posted by: gabester
Date: August 11, 2017 05:56AM
cbelt3
Expect organized revolts in the State Dept.

No, see, if there's organized revolts Trump can call in the National Guard to put down the insurrection. With. Fury. And by ending the revolt violently, payroll will be reduced - and all those annoying "career statists" will be eliminated as well. It's a win-win.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 11, 2017 06:45AM
.....he is an idiot's......idiot.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 10:07AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 11, 2017 07:14AM
freeradical
No real journalists at the WAPO anymore. Or editors. Just a bunch of dimwits punching buttons on their keyboards. It's truly amazing that they lack the language skills to recognize sarcasm. Thanks Jeff Bozo! FWIW, I delivered this paper back in the 70's when it was a serious newspaper. I built some serious leg muscles riding my bike. It was not the NYT, but like most papers back then, they employed very good investigative journalists. It's just astonishing that anyone would even read or give credence to the crap they publish today.

I've watched the entire clip from trump twice. I honestly don't think he meant is humorously or sarcastically.

WaPo has been doing some of the best investigative journalism over the Russian scandal. I cannot think of a better modern paper - not even the NYT. WaPo also needs to sell papers, so they've adopted some standard fare too, but I ignore it.
Date: August 11, 2017 07:19AM
......Trump has zero sense of humor...'.member when he decided not to attend the Correspondent's dinner.......or the year before when Obama made a joke about him at the same dinner, he looked 'unhappy'.....he cant take a joke or even understand one.....

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 11, 2017 08:18AM
NewtonMP2100
......Trump has zero sense of humor...'.member when he decided not to attend the Correspondent's dinner.......or the year before when Obama made a joke about him at the same dinner, he looked 'unhappy'.....he cant take a joke or even understand one.....

Yup. And as evidenced by his performance at the Al Smith dinner, he is incapable of telling a joke even when it is scripted.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 11, 2017 10:25AM
The US only has between 200-300 American diplomats in Russia. The majority that are being "expelled" are Russian citizens who work in the embassy. Technically they are considered to be diplomatic employees.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: August 11, 2017 11:36AM
....expelliarmus.....

Posted by: pdq
Date: August 11, 2017 02:06PM
sekker
freeradical

I've watched the entire clip from trump twice. I honestly don't think he meant is humorously or sarcastically.

WaPo has been doing some of the best investigative journalism over the Russian scandal. I cannot think of a better modern paper - not even the NYT. WaPo also needs to sell papers, so they've adopted some standard fare too, but I ignore it.

I second this - thank God for the WaPo. It's really become the preeminent real news source during the Trump era.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 11, 2017 04:44PM
cbelt3

"“I want to thank him because we're trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I'm concerned I'm very thankful that he let go a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump said. “There's no real reason for them to go back. I greatly appreciate the fact that we've been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We're going to save a lot of money.”

Silly rabbit. After the current State Department had a cow, it turns out Trump was just being ironical:

President Donald Trump was being "sarcastic" when he thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday for expelling hundreds of American diplomats from the country...White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday.

Geez. Where it comes to international relations, people just can't take a joke any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 04:53PM by pdq.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 275
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015