Forums

AAPL stock: $156.25 ( +0.27 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
MEIN FUHRER ! I CAN VALK !!!! CNN's Lord Fired over Sieg Heil to Trump
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 11, 2017 08:07AM
[www.cleveland.com]

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- CNN fired Jeffrey Lord Thursday after the conservative commentator and staunch defender of President Trump tweeted a Nazi salute at a liberal opponent."

A few hours later, he was out at CNN.

"Nazi salutes are indefensible. Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network," CNN said in a statement.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MEIN FUHRER ! I CAN VALK !!!! CNN's Lord Fired over Sieg Heil to Trump
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 11, 2017 08:22AM
Too bad. I think we need more similar salutes to demonstrate just how crazy the alt.right is.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 11, 2017 01:18PM
If you read the article, you see he was having a twitter fight with another guy. Lord was basically calling the guy a nazi for his ideas - he wasn't praising him with a nazi salute.

That's no reason to fire a guy. Fire him because he's an @#$%& or a bad talking head, but this is stupid.

How many times has one of us called someones ideas fascist? How would you feel if you boss read it and fired you?

Should Speedy lose his job over this post? [forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 11, 2017 01:37PM
hal
If you read the article, you see he was having a twitter fight with another guy. Lord was basically calling the guy a nazi for his ideas - he wasn't praising him with a nazi salute.

That's no reason to fire a guy. Fire him because he's an @#$%& or a bad talking head, but this is stupid.

How many times has one of us called someones ideas fascist? How would you feel if you boss read it and fired you?

Should Speedy lose his job over this post? [forums.macresource.com]

I'm not Speedy's boss, but my guess is that if Speedy's job involved his online presence and activity, and his online reputation reflected on his employer's image, then if he did something to damage the company, he might be fired.

What part of the "Don't Godwin" part of his contract did he not grasp? That alone makes him a terrible talking head.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: August 11, 2017 02:53PM
there's a 'don't goodwin' clause? really?
Posted by: August West
Date: August 12, 2017 02:26PM

I'm not Speedy's boss, but my guess is that if Speedy's job involved his online presence and activity, and his online reputation reflected on his employer's image, then if he did something to damage the company, he might be fired.

+1

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 288
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015