advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $160.18 ( +0.40 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump: WH leaks are about people fighting for my love
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 11, 2017 03:54PM
Well after his declare-your-love-for-me cabinet meeting, but hot on the heels of the private twice-a-day Trump love folder comes this little tidbit about leaks, straight from the horse's ass mouth:

"We have two [kinds of] leaks," Trump said, according to a pool report. "You have the leaks coming out of intelligence and various departments having to do with Syria, having to do with all sorts of different places, having to do frankly with North Korea. And those are very serious.

And then, you have the leaks where people want to love me, and they're all fighting for love. Those are little inner-White House leaks. They're not very important. But actually, I'm somewhat honored by them."

It must be difficult to be loved as much as our president...and yet stay as humble as he is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump: WH leaks are about people fighting for my love
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 11, 2017 04:02PM
....Love.....???

.....Actually..................[ not ]......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 11, 2017 04:56PM
He is a disgusting male animal IMO
Posted by: hal
Date: August 11, 2017 05:07PM
He's only concerned about the leaks that makes him look bad - whatta guy!
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: August 11, 2017 05:14PM
samintx
He is a disgusting male animal IMO

I herewith disavow him, revoke his membership in my gender and remove his taxonomic rank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 05:14PM by Onamuji.
Posted by: davester
Date: August 11, 2017 05:23PM
This has got to be an onion article, right?...right?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 11, 2017 06:02PM
davester
This has got to be an onion article, right?...right?

We could only wish but unfortunately it came straight from his ugly,disgusting mouth.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 11, 2017 06:41PM
I think Trump is an adulation junkie. When he gets large doses of actual adulation - like he got at his campaign rallies - I think he fills himself with it. His mental image of himself gets saturated with it. He was a junkie that during the campaign was getting the most massive dose that anyone has ever gotten. Like a junkie, he craves more of it. But now as president, he isn't getting those massive doses and it leaves a hole in his psyche. He has to fabricate adulation to fill the void, to get his fix; e.g, the biggest inauguration crowd ever, making his cabinet sing his praises on camera, etc. But he can't admit to himself that he is making up big chunks of adulation. To admit that to himself would feel like a junkie with a major case of the joneses. His adulation junkiehood and his denial of it have led him to somewhat of a delusional state at least about some things. So far, he's still quasi-functional in his delusion but presidential responsibility reality is pushing hard up against the delusion in some instances and it isn't a pretty look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 06:42PM by Ted King.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 11, 2017 07:04PM
That man is so @#$%& up.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 11, 2017 07:07PM
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 11, 2017 07:37PM
Ted King
I think Trump is an adulation junkie. When he gets large doses of actual adulation - like he got at his campaign rallies - I think he fills himself with it. His mental image of himself gets saturated with it. He was a junkie that during the campaign was getting the most massive dose that anyone has ever gotten. Like a junkie, he craves more of it. But now as president, he isn't getting those massive doses and it leaves a hole in his psyche. He has to fabricate adulation to fill the void, to get his fix; e.g, the biggest inauguration crowd ever, making his cabinet sing his praises on camera, etc. But he can't admit to himself that he is making up big chunks of adulation. To admit that to himself would feel like a junkie with a major case of the joneses. His adulation junkiehood and his denial of it have led him to somewhat of a delusional state at least about some things. So far, he's still quasi-functional in his delusion but presidential responsibility reality is pushing hard up against the delusion in some instances and it isn't a pretty look.

"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings."

Signs and symptoms
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."

"Therapy is often difficult as people frequently do not consider themselves to have a problem."
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 11, 2017 07:43PM
Hey!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 11, 2017 11:58PM
DeusxMac
Hey!

You were taking too long.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 12, 2017 10:35AM
lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 266
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015