advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Don't worry Guam! You're famous now.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 12, 2017 10:33AM
Wow who leaked this? Another peak inside the demented mind of the Orange Emperor (and one of his fans...)

HAGÅTÑA, Guam — If there’s one thing that Guam does not have to worry about while the tiny island is in the nuclear cross hairs of North Korea, it’s tourism, President Trump told the island’s governor in a phone call made public on Saturday.

The threat by North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, to create “an enveloping fire” around the tiny United States territory in the Western Pacific will boost Guam tourism “tenfold,” Mr. Trump is heard saying in the recorded conversation with Gov. Eddie Calvo.

The recording was put on the Republican governor’s Facebook page and other social media accounts.

Mr. Trump said: “I have to tell you, you have become extremely famous all over the world. They are talking about Guam; and they’re talking about you.” And when it comes to tourism, he added, “I can say this: You’re going to go up, like, tenfold with the expenditure of no money.”
Mr. Calvo, however, told Mr. Trump that he had “never felt more safe or so confident than with you at the helm. So, with all the criticism going on over there from a guy who is being targeted, we need a president like you. So I’m just so thankful. I’m glad you’re holding the helm.”

Mr. Trump responded, “We’re going to do a great job. You don’t have to worry about a thing. They should have had me eight years ago, somebody with my thought process.” He added, “And frankly, you could’ve said that for the last three presidents.”

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 10:39AM by Lemon Drop.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Don't worry Guam! You're famous now.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 12, 2017 10:41AM
Trump thinks everything is about Making Deals. He thinks he can bluster on the national stage the way he would if he was trying to cheat some contractor out of his money. I feel reassured in realizing that he is mostly a Big Mouth, however I hope Kim Jong Un realizes this as well.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 12, 2017 10:48AM
trump is exactly what Kim needs to keep justifying his extravagant expense on military hardware in a starving country

he needs to tell the people that they are under threat from an evil superpower.

the bluster and bravado works well for both men
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 12, 2017 10:51AM
Didnt I read somewhere 45 told one of the countries in the news tourism would increase 10%?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 12, 2017 12:15PM
The snip I heard sounded like it was recorded by a smartphone on Guam's side.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 12, 2017 12:27PM
Guess this will go in Trump's feel good news folder for today. Man, what a loser

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015