Forums

AAPL stock: $155.94 ( -3.8244 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Neo-Nazis Praise Trump's Response to Charlottesville: ‘He Said He Loves Us All'
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: August 12, 2017 10:30PM
[gizmodo.com]

Many Americans were waiting to hear one thing from the president, a strong and explicit rebuke of white supremacy and symbols of hate being paraded down American streets. But he never said it. And that didn’t go unnoticed by his racist supporters.

“Trump comments were good,” wrote the Daily Stormer, a leading American neo-Nazi website associated with the so-called “alt-right” movement. “He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us,” it said.

“He said he loves us all,” the site continued. “No condemnation at all.”

...Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke had appeared at the “Unite the Right” rally on Saturday prior to the violence erupting. The purpose of the rally, he said, was to fulfill the promise of Donald Trump.

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country,” Duke said. “We are determined to take our country back, we’re going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump, and that’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back and that’s what we gotta do.”

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Neo-Nazis Praise Trump's Response to Charlottesville: ‘He Said He Loves Us All'
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 12, 2017 11:36PM
.....something is wrong with DT.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Neo-Nazis Praise Trump's Response to Charlottesville: ‘He Said He Loves Us All'
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 12, 2017 11:51PM
The $#!T on that Daily Stormer site is very educational. As Dennis Green might say, "They are who we thought they were."

And Donald Trump is their hero. This should make all of us take pause…
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 13, 2017 08:11AM
I wonder if we will soon be hearing a lot about the violence of the "Antifa" (antifascist) movement from conservative media. See, what Trump said was perfectly reasonable - there's a moral equivalence between the white nationalists and the counter-protesters. The moral implications of the white nationalist message don't count. The much greater violence done by a white nationalist doesn't matter - all the "many sides" were violent. And pretty soon that (false) equivalence could become normalized amongst conservatives. Sure those white boys are a little rowdy and are overstating things a bit, but those commie hippie thugs are just as bad or worse (and a lot of them have brown skin).

I think that's where Trump would like the conservative media to go. Breitbart could very well go that route. It will be interesting to see if that becomes the predominate conservative media narrative. I hope not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 08:13AM by Ted King.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 13, 2017 08:22AM
I am sure we all realize how everyday under 45 America is mourning or otherwise in turmoil over something 45 has done or not done. What kind of presidency is this? What kind of a country are We being turned in to by this administration?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 08:23AM by samintx.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 13, 2017 08:27AM
Ted King
I wonder if we will soon be hearing a lot about the violence of the "Antifa" (antifascist) movement from conservative media. See, what Trump said was perfectly reasonable - there's a moral equivalence between the white nationalists and the counter-protesters. The moral implications of the white nationalist message don't count. The much greater violence done by a white nationalist doesn't matter - all the "many sides" were violent. And pretty soon that (false) equivalence could become normalized amongst conservatives. Sure those white boys are a little rowdy and are overstating things a bit, but those commie hippie thugs are just as bad or worse (and a lot of them have brown skin).

I think that's where Trump would like the conservative media to go. Breitbart could very well go that route. It will be interesting to see if that becomes the predominate conservative media narrative. I hope not.

I was fairly impressed/surprised not to see a lot of news coverage focus on Antifa counter-protesters. It was weird; almost as though some in the news media think it's okay to condemn white supremacism as worthy of a different level of judgment.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 13, 2017 10:44AM
It is nephew nazi according to new WH Tweet!
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 13, 2017 10:49AM
"Adviser: Trump Didn’t Want To ‘Dignify’ White Supremacy By Condemning It":

White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert on Sunday claimed President Donald Trump’s failure to condemn white supremacists after violence broke out at a rally in Charlottesville was because he didn’t want to “dignify” the movement.

“The President not only condemned the violence, and stood up at a time and a moment when calm was necessary, and didn’t dignify the names of these groups of people, but rather addressed the fundamental issue,” Bossert said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Trump on Saturday did not remark on the nature of the rally but called the clashes an “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” and called for Americans to “love each other.”

“What you need to focus on is the rest of his statement,” Bossert said.

He called Trump’s comments about love “a fundamental assault on the very nature of the hatred that we’re seeing here.”

CNN’s Jake Tapper pressed Bossert to give his own response to the violence.

“You on this show today have said that you condemn groups and condemn actions and condemn bigotry, but I haven’t heard you say, ‘I condemn white supremacists. I condemn neo-Nazis. I condemn the alt-right.’ I haven’t heard that,” he said.

“I think you’ve belabored it,” Bossert fired back. “So let me say, I condemn white supremacists and racists and white Nazi groups and all the other groups that espouse this kind of hatred and exclusion.”
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 13, 2017 10:49AM
Ted King

I was hearing exactly that right off the bat - they were even saying that the guy who rammed his car into people was justified because he was "afraid" of the counter-protestors who he worried would attack him.

I agree completely with your assessment of Trump's thinking on this - by referring to "sides" he has legitimized the white supremacists and Nazis, he's using the same frame as our usual binary political debates in this country: right v left, conservative v liberal, etc.

As Joe Biden said yesterday, in this situation "there is only one side."
Date: August 13, 2017 11:00AM
If Donald Trump can target and harass women, immigrants, Muslims, the disabled, the poor, and so many others with threats of physical violence and cruel insults and taunts, why can't they?

-Shaun King

[www.nydailynews.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 13, 2017 12:38PM
.....and don't forget LGBTQ, another group he has screwed over.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 12:38PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: August 13, 2017 12:45PM
NewtonMP2100
.....and don't forget LGBTQ, another group he has screwed over.......

absolutely - I heard on NPR yesterday that after the mayor of Charlottesville ordered that all downtown businesses close, a gay bar decided to stay open and be a safe refuge for anyone who needed it.

Trump's grandchildren are Jewish, but he won't publicly stand up against Nazis marching in our own streets and spewing their hate. It's incredible.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 13, 2017 12:58PM
rjmacs
Ted King

I was fairly impressed/surprised not to see a lot of news coverage focus on Antifa counter-protesters. It was weird; almost as though some in the news media think it's okay to condemn white supremacism as worthy of a different level of judgment.

You don't watch enough FOX News or subscribe to the popular Alt-Reich Youtube feeds.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 13, 2017 01:25PM
Lemon Drop
Trump's grandchildren are Jewish, but he won't publicly stand up against Nazis marching in our own streets and spewing their hate. It's incredible.
This struck me, too. The man has no ability to feel sympathy or empathy or to connect with people other than himself. Even relatives, which is sad in the real sense of the word.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 13, 2017 03:20PM
Filliam H. Muffman
rjmacs
Ted King

You don't watch enough FOX News or subscribe to the popular Alt-Reich Youtube feeds.

Faux and Fiends morning show was all over the bad guys today, if by bad guys you mean the ones protesting against the alt.right. Pete Hegseth was particularly miffed. And, no, running into a crowd of people with a car is not terrorism if it is a MAGA terrorist.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 14, 2017 09:53AM
Filliam H. Muffman
rjmacs
Ted King

Oh, I watch just the right amount of those things.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 14, 2017 12:54PM
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman
rjmacs
Ted King

Oh, I watch just the right amount of those things.

If the media gave as much coverage to the protesters against the neo-Nazis, then the alt.right media would cry about that coverage. Besides, it's a false equivalency.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015