advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $150.03 ( -1.8584 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What will 45 do after he reads Bannons two interviews?
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 17, 2017 08:59AM
Will this be his fuel to fire Bannon or demote him?

Bannon thought he was off the record..anyway feigning this now.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[prospect.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 09:15AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What will 45 do after he reads Bannons two interviews?
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 17, 2017 09:18AM
Ya gotta think this was intentional- I mean, that Bannon is doing something here.

Maybe the axe is about to come down, and he's trying to clean up his image ("the alt-right is a bunch of clowns" - really! But you made a "platform" for them in Breitbart; "war in NK would be a disaster" -yeah, duh.) before he gets canned. Also getting in a few last shots.
Posted by: Z
Date: August 17, 2017 09:33AM
Wait, this whole presidency wasn't off the record?
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 17, 2017 09:40AM
Somewhat related: Trump's personal lawyer got one of those right wing nutjob emails, and promptly forwarded it to

...more than two dozen recipients, including a senior official at the Department of Homeland Security, The Wall Street Journal editorial page and journalists at Fox News and The Washington Times...One of the recipients provided a copy to The New York Times.

Yeah, okay, so? From my relatives, I know this happens like a million times a day...except when you're the president's personal lawyer, and he's just stepped in it over an event like Charlottesville, do you really send this to journalists, even conservative ones?

The email forwarded by John Dowd, who is leading the president’s legal team, painted the Confederate general Robert E. Lee in glowing terms and equated the South’s rebellion to that of the American Revolution against England....“You cannot be against General Lee and be for General Washington,” the email reads, “there literally is no difference between the two men.”...Mr. Almon’s email said that Black Lives Matter, a group that formed to protest the use of force by police against African-Americans, is being directed by terrorists...

And so on. For what it's worth, the author of the email is black, which I think is an excellent argument for racial equality. Black folks can be idiots, too.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 17, 2017 09:47AM
....twitter tirade....that is what he always does.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: steve...
Date: August 17, 2017 09:57AM
I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.

I wonder if Trump's bigoted conduct is part of this this plan. Doesn't make sense to me.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 17, 2017 11:35AM
steve...
I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.

I wonder if Trump's bigoted conduct is part of this this plan. Doesn't make sense to me.

Basically the last couple days of tweets have been "Statues" "Statues" "Statues" "JOBS" Statues" "Statues" "Statues" "JOBS". I assume "JOBS" is thrown in to remind his base how fabulous the WH has been on this issue. RollingEyesSmiley5

Posted by: samintx
Date: August 17, 2017 12:16PM
Did Lee chop down a cherry tree? that might be one BIG difference.smiley-excited001
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 17, 2017 05:11PM
steve...

Sure it does: Trump spouts racist crap. Trump encourages racists. Dems complain about it ... rinse and repeat. Distraction is the goal there.

That being said, "going with economic nationalism" remains a curious ploy, given that the Administration can point to nothing, and is not likely to be able to point to anything, that shows they've helped our economy nor increased jobs. "Coal," reduced trade, lower wages, you name it, regressivism hurts the U.S.

What Bannon is merely counting on, is the economy chugging along, gradually improving, and absent any financial crisis, in 2020 Trump can easily "name" several accomplishments-- as could any sitting President. THAT is the left's biggest political problem, in a practical sense, i.e. an economy not tanking.

It's a cynic's view, but historically sound.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 17, 2017 09:20PM
deckeda
steve...

Sure it does: Trump spouts racist crap. Trump encourages racists. Dems complain about it ... rinse and repeat. Distraction is the goal there.

That being said, "going with economic nationalism" remains a curious ploy, given that the Administration can point to nothing, and is not likely to be able to point to anything, that shows they've helped our economy nor increased jobs. "Coal," reduced trade, lower wages, you name it, regressivism hurts the U.S.

What Bannon is merely counting on, is the economy chugging along, gradually improving, and absent any financial crisis, in 2020 Trump can easily "name" several accomplishments-- as could any sitting President. THAT is the left's biggest political problem, in a practical sense, i.e. an economy not tanking.

It's a cynic's view, but historically sound.

Yes, the Republicans did everything they could to kill anything Pres. Obama did to help the economy after Pres. Bush drove it over a cliff.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 17, 2017 10:06PM
......blow a gasket....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015