advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Dianne Feinstein on Trump: ‘He can be a good president’
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 30, 2017 03:28PM
[www.washingtontimes.com]

(No need to click the link, here is the complete article from the Moonies.)

Dianne Feinstein calls for 'patience' on Donald Trump: 'He can be a good president' - Washington Times

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein reportedly stunned a San Francisco crowd Tuesday evening after she called for “patience” with President Trump, saying the president can do good for the country if he learns from his mistakes.

Ms. Feinstein made the comments during an hourlong conversation with former Rep. Ellen Tauscher at a sold-out Commonwealth Club event in Herbst Theater. According to several reports, Ms. Feinstein was on the receiving end of hisses and boos when she took a more diplomatic approach to discussing the president and whether he should resign or be impeached.

“I think we have to have some patience, I do,” Ms. Feinstein, ranking member of the Judiciary Committee and a senior member on Intelligence, told the crowd. “It’s eight months into the tenure of the presidency … We’ll have to see if he can forget himself and his feelings about himself enough to be able to have the empathy and direction that this country needs.”

If he doesn’t, she said, “there are things that can be done.” She added, however, that Mr. Trump would most likely serve out the rest of his term.

“This man is going to be president most likely for the rest of this term,” Ms. Feinstein said. “I just hope he has the ability to learn and change. If he does, he can be a good president.”

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that the crowd reacted to the comments with “stunned silence, broken only with scattered ‘No’s‘ and a few hisses and some nervous laughter.”

The Los Angeles Times reported that several audience members booed and shouted, “No!”

Ms. Feinstein did reserve some criticism for Mr. Trump, concerning his recent pardon of former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, saying it sent a message to police departments across the country that racial profiling is OK, the Chronicle reported.

“It was a stupid thing to do,” the senator said.

Ms. Feinstein also criticized the president’s border wall with Mexico, saying money would be better spent sending aid to Hurricane Harvey victims.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dianne Feinstein on Trump: ‘He can be a good president’
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 30, 2017 03:34PM
Feinstein is having the same battle of the brain cells as Der Trumpster. Both need to be shown the exit. Now.
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 30, 2017 03:35PM
Speedy
saying the president can do good for the country if he learns from his mistakes.

How can a person who will never admit making a mistake possibly learn from them.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 30, 2017 03:37PM
I probably don't know enough about Diane Feinstein to offer an informed opinion, but virtually everything I do hear about her is distasteful. It makes me think there must be better candidates in California than her.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 30, 2017 03:38PM
....he can't even be a good person.....how can he be a good President.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 30, 2017 03:55PM
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 30, 2017 05:03PM
bfd
Feinstein is having the same battle of the brain cells as Der Trumpster. Both need to be shown the exit. Now.

Wow and she was giving out some real burrs this Spring on 45. Is the CA heat wave affecting her brain?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 05:41PM by samintx.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 30, 2017 05:08PM
Not really, Dianne.
Posted by: Pam
Date: August 30, 2017 07:54PM
Good parsing of words here "“This man is going to be president most likely for the rest of this term,” Ms. Feinstein said. “I just hope he has the ability to learn and change. If he does, he can be a good president.”

She knows full well that neither will happen.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 30, 2017 09:12PM
I don't have the patience to sit through the entire thing to see if these words were taken out of context. Ellipses in the middle of quotes always make me a tad suspicious.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 30, 2017 10:38PM
Speculative thought: I wonder if, as a member of both the Judiciary and Intelligence committees, Feinstein has gotten sufficient feel for what information is out there about the Russian interference in the election and any possible Trump administration collusion to conclude that it is unlikely that there is information that would be sufficient to get a Republican House and/or Senate to impeach and convict Trump. There's no particular reason to think that is what she is thinking, but it would explain an otherwise odd set of statements to come from her. Why would she say that Trump is going to be president his whole term if she doesn't have a good idea of how likely the investigations are to find or not find really damning information about Trump?

There are plenty of other possible explanations but I wish I could know if that is the reason Feinstein is saying what she is saying here. She seems to be expressing a fair amount of fatalism - where's that coming from?
Posted by: gabester
Date: August 30, 2017 10:50PM
Ted King
There are plenty of other possible explanations but I wish I could know if that is the reason Feinstein is saying what she is saying here. She seems to be expressing a fair amount of fatalism - where's that coming from?

You're right, she has a fair amount of information that other people don't have access to, and likely knows better than most just how doomed we are.

Don't forget that she was spied on by our own agencies a while back, along with many other Dems... so it's also possible that she's actually been a victim of homegrown compromat.

Or she's attempting to hold out an olive branch for the 45th President to grasp in the attempts to actually not have the worst presidency ever.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 30, 2017 10:57PM
Or she knows that there will never be a 2/3 vote to convict in the Republican controlled Senate. He could admit to giving the nukular codes to Comrade Putin and they still wouldn't convict.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 31, 2017 08:51AM
She drew the short straw in the leadership meeting. Short straw has to play nice with 45 for a week. Next up: Sherrod Brown!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 31, 2017 12:36PM
She's been one of his biggest critics. Her job is to try to make things work.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 01, 2017 07:43AM
.....Trump is already good..........

........good for nothing......!!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 07:43AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 01, 2017 08:45AM
Pam
Good parsing of words here "“This man is going to be president most likely for the rest of this term,” Ms. Feinstein said. “I just hope he has the ability to learn and change. If he does, he can be a good president.”

She knows full well that neither will happen.

Limbaugh has interpreted her statement as "if he would become like a Democrat".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015