Forums

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Limbaugh says Texas disaster a conspiracy
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 06, 2017 06:33AM
[americablog.com]

It must be catching..45 insanity..because Rush is out of his mind to. How can he say this and his listeners believe him?

And this is what he said about IRMA

RUSH: The hurricane is what I want to lead off with, folks. And I’ve gotta be very careful here because I am not a meteorologist, and nothing I say today should be considered to be a forecast or a prediction. I am not the National Hurricane Center. I am not a climatologist or meteorologist. All I do is analyze the data that they publish. Just as I am the go-to tech guy in my family and here on the staff, when it comes to a hurricane bearing down on south Florida, I’m the go-to guy.

Everybody says, “What do you think is going to happen?” The reason for that is that I’m not biased and I have no agenda with my analysis of the data. The data is what it is. But — and I don’t want to overdo this — but I do want to share with you the way I react to and listen. Do you realize here in south Florida, from where we are all the way down to Miami, you cannot buy bottled water. This hurricane, if it hits us, is not supposed to hit us until Sunday. It was never going to hit us before Sunday.
Even last week when it first popped up and when the first forecast models appeared and then the Hurricane Center track forecast, it was always a-ten-day-out event from the first day they started forecasting it. So how in the world does panic get created? How in the world is it that there isn’t any bottled water? And why does that cause a panic? Has anybody ever heard of the tap? I’m sure you have some empty water bottles from previous usage. Just put them under the faucet and fill it up. In many ways, it’s the same stuff you’re buying at the grocery store. You may not know that, but it is.
Tap water is entirely safe, and nobody can hoard it away from you. It’s in your house every day in whatever amounts that you want. But people have been conditioned to believe that tap water is dirty, is dangerous, and might cause them to get sick. So they avoid it.

You know, if I were the Big Oil guys I’d be so jealous of the Big Water guys. The Big Water guys don’t have to drill for it. The Big Water guys do not have to spend any research and development money. They don’t have to go through the environmentalist wackos. They just plug into some lake or some tap and fill up some water, put a label on it, put it in grocery store and sell it for more than gasoline costs, in many cases. That’s a side issue.

The reason that I am leery of forecasts this far out, folks, is because I see how the system works. Now, I don’t mean this to be a personal attack on anybody, but the one thing that’s undeniable throughout our culture is that everything has been politicized. And in that sense much of our public information system, including from the government, from the Drive-By Media, has been corrupted. It has been corrupted by the individual biases and whatever present bigotry of the people who hold these positions.

You can see it in the way the Deep State deals with Trump. You can see it with the way the intelligence community and the Washington establishment deal with Trump. So in the case of a hurricane, what happens? Well, there are many levels here. When a hurricane pops up — and we can’t forget Hurricane Harvey because Hurricane Harvey and the TV pictures that accompany that go a long way to helping further and create the panic.

Now, in the official meteorological circles, you have an abundance of people who believe that man-made climate change is real. And they believe that Algore is correct when he has written — and he couldn’t be more wrong — that climate change is creating more hurricanes and stronger hurricanes. And, of course, when Harvey hit, it was the first hurricane that had hit in 12 years. There haven’t been more hurricanes and no more dangerous than any others in previous years.

etc etc. More from Rush on his website. Why read this? I like to see what we are dealing with in this world of fake news.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 06:45AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Limbaugh says Texas disaster a conspiracy
Posted by: gabester
Date: September 06, 2017 07:12AM
Contribution to conspiracy which undermines the functioning of government has more than a little risk if it gets carried away.
g=
Posted by: Pam
Date: September 06, 2017 07:13AM
Oh the irony lol!

"The reason that I am leery of forecasts this far out, folks, is because I see how the system works. Now, I don’t mean this to be a personal attack on anybody, but the one thing that’s undeniable throughout our culture is that everything has been politicized. And in that sense much of our public information system, including from the government, from the Drive-By Media, has been corrupted. It has been corrupted by the individual biases and whatever present bigotry of the people who hold these positions. "
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 06, 2017 07:16AM
Poor Rushie... can't buy bottled water to add to his Whiskey or suck down his pillz...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 06, 2017 08:06AM
I hope his ditto-heads all head for the beach and sit in their beach chairs to watch the hurricane go by. If he told them to, they would.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 06, 2017 09:41AM
Speedy
I hope his ditto-heads all head for the beach and sit in their beach chairs to watch the hurricane go by. If he told them to, they would.

I wonder how many are sitting on the beach right now. I wonder if Rush refused to evacuate under the state order.smiley-shocked003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 12:06PM by samintx.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: September 06, 2017 09:57AM
Notice how carefully Limbaugh couches his language (lm not a meteorologist, I don't want to overdue this, etc.) so that he can't be held accountable for his opinions later on.

45 is also good at insinuating falsehoods so he can back away from them later (I don't know, but a lot of people are saying . . . etc.) and then claim he is being persecuted if someone calls him on it later.

"When the tree falls, the monkeys scatter." Chinese proverb.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: September 06, 2017 11:16AM
He's not in Florida, is he????
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 06, 2017 12:35PM
samintx
There haven’t been more hurricanes and no more dangerous than any others in previous years.

Irma is one of the five strongest hurricanes ever in the Atlantic, and the strongest one outside the caribbean basin.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 06, 2017 12:52PM
I can't believe I bothered to read that whole quote.

It's just a lot of rambling thoughts connected only by "Irma" and "water". He sounds like an idiot.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 06, 2017 02:31PM
Ammo
Notice how carefully Limbaugh couches his language (lm not a meteorologist, I don't want to overdue this, etc.) so that he can't be held accountable for his opinions later on.

45 is also good at insinuating falsehoods so he can back away from them later (I don't know, but a lot of people are saying . . . etc.) and then claim he is being persecuted if someone calls him on it later.

Limpbaugh, like Pres. Trump, is never responsible for his actions.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 06, 2017 04:08PM
A little tidbit from the WaPo coverage of Limbaugh (and Alex Jones/Infowars):

Alex Jones might have something to do with it. The Infowars founder — who has an “amazing” reputation, according to Trump — has for years promoted the notion that the U.S. government possesses the power to conjure and control weather events. Just last week, as Hurricane Harvey battered Texas, Jones devoted part of his show to questioning why the government didn't “use the technologies to kill [the storm] out in the gulf.”

nuts smiley

(Oh, I'm sorry - is that "smug"?)
Posted by: max
Date: September 06, 2017 11:30PM
samintx

And this is what he said about IRMA
...t Algore is correct when he has written s.

Yes, yes, you are right, Sam, any discussion of Irma is "a Texas disaster conspiracy"....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 336
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015