advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How to roast yourself on slowly turning spit....
Posted by: max
Date: September 07, 2017 05:36AM
Just as when Trump created for them a perfect opportunity to rebuild their party....

Democrats dread Hillary's book tour
Reliving the 2016 nightmare is the last thing the party needs right now, many say.

Democratic operatives can’t stand the thought of her picking the scabs of 2016, again
— the Bernie Sanders divide, the Jim Comey complaints, the casting blame on Barack Obama for not speaking out more on Russia.
Alums of her Brooklyn headquarters who were miserable even when they thought she was winning
tend to greet the topic with, “Oh, God,” “I can’t handle it,” and “the final torture.”...

“A Sad, Petty ‘It's Everyone Else's Fault,’ Book,” read an email from Sanders die-hard (and Clinton’s 2006 Senate primary opponent) Jonathan Tasini.

“Pathetic. But it is a planned mass PR campaign in prep for the corporate #Dems next candidate.
Reality: 75% did not vote 4 her. Denial,” tweeted RoseAnn DeMoro, the executive director of National Nurses United
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to roast yourself on slowly turning spit....
Posted by: Wild eep
Date: September 07, 2017 07:29AM
RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 07, 2017 08:59AM
You could always re-read "Art of the Deal".
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: September 07, 2017 10:53AM
She should just pack it in.

Maybe if she waits 20 years, we will have all forgotten how she screwed up........naaa...we'll never forget.

She's gotta go.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 07, 2017 11:00AM
Surfrider
She's gotta go.
Um.. you DO realize she's not running again. She said so. This is her 'middle finger' to everybody who let her down.
Posted by: Wild eep
Date: September 07, 2017 11:13AM
Max needs to be relevant somehow.
Ignoring the current situation seems to be his way.
Beating a dead horse must be his way of dealing.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 07, 2017 12:23PM
....I spit.....on your grave.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 07, 2017 12:30PM
You know, no matter how many times she falls on her own sword and takes responsibility for the loss, verbally or in print, it will never be enough for some haters.

Yeah, there were plenty of other shenanigans going on outside of her control - are we supposed to pretend that there was no Russian interference? Are we supposed to forget that 11 days before the election, the head of the FBI announced he was "reopening" a thoroughly bogus investigation based on thoroughly bogus reasons? In a world where John McCain still appears every other Sunday on TV, you want this particular past-senator (and Secretary of State, and political veteran) to just sit down and shut up about everything, forever? Too bad, sweetie.

I think a significant number of folks doth protest too much; besides those who despise her with a white-hot hatred for completely irrational reasons, there are a significant number of folks who decided in a fit of pique that since their favored candidate lost in the primaries, they were going to vote for the Republican, or not vote at all. And this is what we ended up with. Congratulations on making your oh-so-brave statement, bros. We all appreciate it.

I think we'll find out that there were significant Russian efforts to get Trump elected in a very close race. I think we'll continue to see a chaotic administration that harms our country in ways that will last for years. And, frankly, I think Clinton's book will sell well, despite the haters that will continue to stew in their own hate.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 07, 2017 02:05PM
pdq
You know, no matter how many times she falls on her own sword and takes responsibility for the loss, verbally or in print, it will never be enough for some haters.

Yeah, there were plenty of other shenanigans going on outside of her control - are we supposed to pretend that there was no Russian interference? Are we supposed to forget that 11 days before the election, the head of the FBI announced he was "reopening" a thoroughly bogus investigation based on thoroughly bogus reasons? In a world where John McCain still appears every other Sunday on TV, you want this particular past-senator (and Secretary of State, and political veteran) to just sit down and shut up about everything, forever? Too bad, sweetie.

I think a significant number of folks doth protest too much; besides those who despise her with a white-hot hatred for completely irrational reasons, there are a significant number of folks who decided in a fit of pique that since their favored candidate lost in the primaries, they were going to vote for the Republican, or not vote at all. And this is what we ended up with. Congratulations on making your oh-so-brave statement, bros. We all appreciate it.

I think we'll find out that there were significant Russian efforts to get Trump elected in a very close race. I think we'll continue to see a chaotic administration that harms our country in ways that will last for years. And, frankly, I think Clinton's book will sell well, despite the haters that will continue to stew in their own hate.
thumbs up

Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 07, 2017 02:17PM
Democrats need to hash out some significant policy differences. Getting stuck on personalities is a waste of time and effort.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 07, 2017 02:28PM
I don't think max is a Democrat.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 07, 2017 02:54PM
Voted for Bernie in the primary; HRC in the general. My take:

1. Without the Russian interference and Comey incompetence, HRC would have won the general.

2. HRC ran an incompetent campaign, as described by her own staffers in the earlier book, "Shattered". IMHO, there's no way she should have lost this election, but she managed it. I'm not calling on her to fall on her sword; just describing my reaction.

3. If she doesn't want to be called out, it probably would have helped to not write a book about the election.

4. I'll wait until I read the book to say anything else, except this: If, as described, the book blames Sanders, that reflects really poor tactical and strategic judgment, IMHO.

pdq

Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 07, 2017 03:00PM
I'm going to read the book as opposed to basing a review on excerpts that are blatantly being put out there to create "buzz".

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 07, 2017 03:34PM
$tevie
pdq

thumbs up

thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 07, 2017 08:00PM
The book was inevitable regardless of any Democratic wishes that Hillary would go away. Might as [well] get it out and overwith before mid-terms fire up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 07:55AM by Acer.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 07, 2017 10:54PM
$tevie
I'm going to read the book as opposed to basing a review on excerpts that are blatantly being put out there to create "buzz".

That's no fun!

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: billb
Date: September 14, 2017 07:26AM
what a loser clinton is

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 14, 2017 07:33AM
billb
what a loser clinton is

Yes, a loser by a negative 2,860,000 votes.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015