advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $156.07 ( -2.66 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Plain old dirt
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 08, 2017 09:02AM
I wouldn't be inclined to post this except for the political connections. Team Trump seems to be a lightning rod for sleeze.

The [53-year-old] wife of a lawyer tasked with monitoring ethics in President Donald Trump’s business trust was arrested Tuesday afternoon after “suspicious” activity with a Virginia inmate in the backseat of a car outside a jail.

The [23-year-old] inmate, who told police he and Burchfield had been having sex, also had... contraband items on his person, including [unidentified pills,] cigarettes and vitamin supplements, according to the complaint. The inmate told investigators that he and Burchfield had been meeting for a month.

Burchfield’s husband is a member of the Republican National Lawyers Association...worked for President George W. Bush during his 2000 effort to [block] a vote recount...[and] also chaired Crossroads GPS, Karl Rove's [group].

In January 2017, Trump named Bobby Burchfield as the outside ethics adviser to his Revocable Trust, a complicated entity that Trump’s lawyers have used to deflect scrutiny over Trump’s continued ties with his businesses.

Like I said, a lightning rod for sleeze. And that last line is remarkably plain-spoken: "deflect scrutiny" indeed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Plain old dirt
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 08, 2017 09:20AM
But.. Hillary's Emails !!!
Posted by: Z
Date: September 08, 2017 09:54AM
Belty - you bring up a good point I hadn't heretofore thought about.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 08, 2017 10:19AM
Are you trying to trash our great prez? shame on you!smiley-excited001
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 08, 2017 10:36AM
A revocable trust is not an inherently "complicated entity"; I suspect a number of folks on this forum have them.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 08, 2017 03:53PM
It was the wife, not the lawyer.

"She has been charged with unauthorized delivery in jail, a misdemeanor." Seems like the inmate was making the delivery.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 08, 2017 03:57PM
Speedy
Seems like the inmate was making the delivery.

<rimshot>

goodone
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 274
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015