advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $159.88 ( +2.89 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
when it rains, it pours?!....New York Times article part II on Harvey Weinstein....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 10, 2017 01:17PM
.....NYT is doing followup reporting and more women are coming out.....high profile actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie.......when they were 22 and 24, respectfully, as well as many more women.....Roseanne Arquette, etc....

Harvey Weinstein: Floodgates Open As Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie Say They Were Similarly Harassed

....The floodgates have opened as some of Hollywood’s most well-known actresses — Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie — have just told their story to The New York Times in a second wave of reporting that outlines the sexual predatory behavior of former Miramax and TWC head Harvey Weinstein. Secrets long kept hidden because of fear.

Paltrow recounts incidents that happened when she was only 22 years old, at a time when she and Brad Pitt were dating, when the then powerful mogul invited her to the Pennisula in Beverly Hills (right across from CAA), and suggested that they go to his room for a massage. She rebuffed his advances and she subsequently told Pitt who defended her honor to Weinstein. She said she was scared of being fired off the film Emma. “I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in an interview with the Times. After she let it be known, Weinstein called and berated her.

Jolie, who coincidentally also had a long-standing relationship with Pitt, was confronted with similar behavior from Weinstein when she was younger, too, as the film Playing by Heart was releasing into theaters in 1999. She said that she, too, rebuffed his advances in a hotel room. She would have been only 24 at the time.

Others who have spoken up include Rosanna Arquette who also rebuffed Weinstein’s request for a massage which was followed by a veiled threat to her career. Actress Katherine Kendall said she was chased around her hotel room by Weinstein who asked to see her breasts; French actress Judith Godrèche said he suggested they have a massage and he tried to take her clothes off. When she spoke to a female Miramax exec afterward, the woman told her to keep her mouth shut and later she saw her face on the one-sheet of the movie; aspiring actress Tomi-Ann Roberts said he asked her to “audition” while Weinstein was naked in the tub and asked her to take her clothes off; she said no and left the room.

Also disturbing was what actress Dawn Dunning relayed about a meeting with Weinstein in his hotel room to talk about a part. When she arrived, Weinstein was in his bathrobe and told her that she could have parts in his next three films in exchange for having three-way sex with him. She thought he was joking, she said, but he wasn’t, saying to her,” You’ll never make it in this business.”

oh, boy............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: when it rains, it pours?!....New York Times article part II on Harvey Weinstein....
Posted by: decay
Date: October 10, 2017 01:28PM
Isn't this how Hollywood has always been?

THE CASTING COUCH.

---
Re: when it rains, it pours?!....New York Times article part II on Harvey Weinstein....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 10, 2017 01:33PM
Couldn't he afford to simply buy it in the street?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 10, 2017 02:19PM
decay
Isn't this how Hollywood has always been?

THE CASTING COUCH.

It doesn't have to be this way. Not Hollywood, not Fox News, not anywhere.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 10, 2017 05:41PM
Ronan Farrow's article in the New Yorker contains allegations of rape from multiple women, and was researched over the past 10 months. Also says the company knew about it.

[www.newyorker.com]

The story, however, is more complex, and there is more to know and to understand. In the course of a ten-month investigation, I was told by thirteen women that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015, Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them, allegations that corroborate and overlap with the Times’ revelations, and also include far more serious claims.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 05:46PM by Lemon Drop.
Date: October 11, 2017 07:06AM
......his wife just announced that she is leaving him......

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 11, 2017 09:47AM
NewtonMP2100

he's got 5 kids - no doubt they are materially very privileged but you hope they're getting good support through this kind of public trauma.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 11, 2017 01:45PM
How much am I supposed to give a @#$%& about Harvey Weinstein? He's a predatory rat bastard. Ladies, watch out for that one. He's grabby. What else is there to report?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 11, 2017 02:13PM
If I was doing a movie about this, I'd cast Harvey as the lead, but some might think it's stereotyping.
Date: October 11, 2017 02:39PM
.....even more women are coming out......with horror stories.....seems like everyday another story is revealed.....think this will be worse than the Bill Cosby scandal, by far........

Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 11, 2017 07:32PM
NewtonMP2100
Poor baby is so sad.
[pagesix.com]

Date: October 12, 2017 06:57AM
.....after years of 'cheating' on his wife.....he is sad now that his 'power' is dwindling....

Date: October 12, 2017 06:58AM
.....more stories coming out from women......over a dozen now, at least.....

Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 12, 2017 07:15AM
Ben Affleck just goes for it, no reason to ask. And he has the looks to get lucky any day of the week.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: October 12, 2017 08:00AM
.....perhaps but he did something to his face......some kind of plastic surgery....his face looks 'different' now.....and not in a good way.....

.....hope he doesn't end up looking like Rupert Everett......unrecognizable.....

Posted by: vision63
Date: October 13, 2017 11:15AM
NewtonMP2100
.....even more women are coming out......with horror stories.....seems like everyday another story is revealed.....think this will be worse than the Bill Cosby scandal, by far........

Cosby was/is worse. What he represented as a cultural/political/ethical legendary icon of decency was fairly earth-shattering. He transcended the Civil Rights Movement and was trusted by the vast majority of America and the world. Harvey was/is a legendary movie producer but that's all he was to a subset of people that enjoyed thoughtful cinema. Cosby was truly a "say it isn't so" once beloved figure.

Harvey has been established as a lecherous perverted predator which reveals a big element of his true nature. The fact that his victims are famous has us riveted for the time being.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 225
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015