advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $159.88 ( +2.89 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump wasn't always so "plain stupid."
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 11, 2017 11:37AM
While he had all of the narcissistic egotistical flourishes that he showcases now, I swear he used to be more articulate. He was even more thoughtful. He had flights of ignorance and stupidity that seemed designed to curry favor with some "neglected majority" like the Central Park 5 deal. He was that dirty rotten landlord that did all the dirty rotten things for sure. He was all of that. The short-fingered vulgarian. But he wasn't Jethro Bodine dumb like he is now.

He is a now a man possessed that simply has to be flanked, prevented and stopped.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump wasn't always so "plain stupid."
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 11, 2017 12:13PM
Enormous opportunity and power isn't "for everyone." As M. Obama said, the presidency just amplifies the person.
Date: October 11, 2017 12:25PM
True. The only flicker of intellect that I could discern was when he responded to Bill O'Reilly regarding his treatment of Putin.

"O'Reilly pressed Trump on his statement, saying, "But he's a killer though. Putin's a killer."
"There are a lot of killers. We've got a lot of killers. What, you think our country is so innocent?" Trump responded."

That was an interesting statement because it's true and I was surprised he'd say that.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 11, 2017 12:25PM
Reagan-heimers.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 11, 2017 12:53PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Reagan-heimers.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! It is possible to overdose on yourself and cause dain bramage.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 11, 2017 01:02PM

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude.

Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.[1]

[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 11, 2017 01:28PM
vision63
While he had all of the narcissistic egotistical flourishes that he showcases now, I swear he used to be more articulate. He was even more thoughtful. He had flights of ignorance and stupidity that seemed designed to curry favor with some "neglected majority" like the Central Park 5 deal. He was that dirty rotten landlord that did all the dirty rotten things for sure. He was all of that. The short-fingered vulgarian. But he wasn't Jethro Bodine dumb like he is now.

He is a now a man possessed that simply has to be flanked, prevented and stopped.

You are obviously not a New York resident for the past 30 years. He's always been a weird deranged jerk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 01:29PM by Steve G..
Date: October 11, 2017 01:37PM
Steve G.
vision63

You are obviously not a New York resident for the past 30 years. He's always been a weird deranged jerk.

I lived in New York City for years. Flatbush. I know exactly who and what Trump is. He's no mystery. I'm not asking or questioning whether or not he's a jerk. I'm examining his relative intelligence from the past versus now. He "was" a bit brighter back then (maybe more so). No question. I wanted some added thoughts regarding that.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 11, 2017 01:52PM
Has dementia set in? Definitely.
Posted by: max
Date: October 11, 2017 07:07PM
vision63
Steve G.
vision63

I lived in New York City for years. Flatbush. I know exactly who and what Trump is. He's no mystery. I'm not asking or questioning whether or not he's a jerk. I'm examining his relative intelligence from the past versus now. He "was" a bit brighter back then (maybe more so). No question. I wanted some added thoughts regarding that.
He was smart enough to win.
Unless you believe his opposition was so stupid and incompetent, so devoid of any intelligence, any moron could beat it ....
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 11, 2017 07:20PM
He was definitely more articulate in days of yore. His speech patterns were those of an adult even if the content was not. Now he sounds like English is his second language.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 12, 2017 12:17PM
10 warning signs:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 12, 2017 01:11PM
Edit: dang, somehow I missed $tevie's thread on the Vanity Fair article. Never mind.
- - - - - - -

In case you missed it:

[www.vanityfair.com]

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

According to two sources familiar with the conversation, Trump vented to his longtime security chief, Keith Schiller, “I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!” (A White House official denies this.) Two senior Republican officials said Chief of Staff John Kelly is miserable in his job and is remaining out of a sense of duty to keep Trump from making some sort of disastrous decision.

There's more that I think is worth the read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 01:19PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 12, 2017 01:45PM
I look at it like this: Have you ever seen a sane person who acts like Donald Trump?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 12, 2017 03:08PM
Dennis S
I look at it like this: Have you ever seen a sane person who acts like Donald Trump?

I tend to think of "sanity" as related to the ability to function in the environment in which a person finds themselves. I think if Trump had kept to his businesses and out of politics that he could have quite easily have kept going for a long time as another billionaire with "eccentricities" but could still function because he could afford to shape his environment enough to keep his "eccentricities" from becoming too dysfunctional. But his huge ego led him to get into politics and in the environment of being the president of the US, his "eccentricities" are dysfunctional.
Date: October 13, 2017 11:59AM
max
vision63
Steve G.
vision63

He was smart enough to win.
Unless you believe his opposition was so stupid and incompetent, so devoid of any intelligence, any moron could beat it ....

Which I think was a surprise to him. I definitely think he's been cultivated by the far right which I also believe isn't his natural political posture. He is not or ever exactly what he seems to be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 211
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015