advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $159.88 ( +2.89 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 11, 2017 06:48PM
At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”
In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

[www.vanityfair.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 11, 2017 07:40PM
I pray that the adults will be able to keep the lid on until 45 is gone.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Re: “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 11, 2017 09:47PM
He just needs an exit strategy that makes him feel that people will still adore him. Jimmy Kimmel's idea is not a bad one (Google it, but it involves a crown).
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: October 11, 2017 10:13PM
I totally want trump to lose his mind. I want to see him drooling in the corner of an institution.

Posted by: bfd
Date: October 11, 2017 10:57PM
Unfortunately, the Oval Orifice has no corners…
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 12, 2017 12:30AM
I want him to have pissed Putin off and end up in a cell in Siberia.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 12, 2017 12:55PM
Thanks for the link, $tevie.

Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

President Pence?
smiley-shocked003
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 12, 2017 01:08PM
pdq

Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

President Pence?
smiley-shocked003

I'd bet that Bannon told him that on June 11th, and that led to the weird June 12th televised cabinet praise the leader meeting.

[www.cnn.com]
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: October 12, 2017 02:17PM
President Pence would be a lot less likely to start a nuclear war than the current Oval Office inhabitant, I suspect..

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 12, 2017 02:23PM
rjmacs
President Pence would be a lot less likely to start a nuclear war than the current Oval Office inhabitant, I suspect..
Exactly. With Pence, we'd know exactly what we are dealing with. With Trump, God only knows what he might do at any moment.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 12, 2017 02:45PM
Stephen Colbert on report that Trump hates everyone in the White House: ‘I know exactly how you feel’.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 12, 2017 02:48PM
GGD
pdq

President Pence?
smiley-shocked003

I'd bet that Bannon told him that on June 11th, and that led to the weird June 12th televised cabinet praise the leader meeting.

[www.cnn.com]

Could be, good catch!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 12, 2017 02:52PM
Something that particularly struck me in that article was that Trump was really taken aback by Roy Moore winning in Alabama even though he (Trump) had endorsed Moore's opponent. I think the article put it as him seeing his cult of personality broken (or something like that). That's totally believable. His massive and repressed insecurities have probably been kept somewhat at bay by his belief that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and his base wouldn't care (actually probably blame the victim for existing in the first place). His cult. The believers in the unbelievable man. His one reliable source of political support from which the bulk of his political power comes. If he can't rely on them to follow him, then what does that do to his insecurities?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 12, 2017 02:53PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 03:38PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 13, 2017 11:57AM
Ted King
Something that particularly struck me in that article was that Trump was really taken aback by Roy Moore winning in Alabama even though he (Trump) had endorsed Moore's opponent. I think the article put it as him seeing his cult of personality broken (or something like that). That's totally believable. His massive and repressed insecurities have probably been kept somewhat at bay by his belief that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and his base wouldn't care (actually probably blame the victim for existing in the first place). His cult. The believers in the unbelievable man. His one reliable source of political support from which the bulk of his political power comes. If he can't rely on them to follow him, then what does that do to his insecurities?

This was clear with his comment regarding Puerto Rico.

“Nobody could have done what I’ve done for #PuertoRico with so little appreciation. So much work!” Trump tweeted.

Nobody? WTF has he done? I think he believes that his showing up and throwing out paper towels was like a celebrity visiting a sick child in the hospital. He thinks that was actually an accomplishment. He thinks that he is so incredibly awesome, that simply showing up to PR with his great "piece of ass" on his arm saved PR.

Oops, sorry. That wasn't Melania that he called a "piece of ass."

It was his daughter.

Such class.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015