advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Congress' Druggist may incur their wrath...
Posted by: gabester
Date: October 11, 2017 08:36PM
This is the first I've read about it:

[arstechnica.com]

"At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Kim said, listing treatments for conditions like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

“It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.’”

He now claims he was just speaking generally, and isn't aware of any congressperson actually diagnosed with alzheimers (although he wouldn't know their diagnoses only their prescriptions)...

But he missed an opportunity to cite erectile dysfunction - that would have really riled the hornets nest!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Congress' Druggist may incur their wrath...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 12, 2017 08:26AM
gabester
But he missed an opportunity to cite erectile dysfunction - that would have really riled the hornets nest!
Not really, considering it's well known that Bob Dole was in the first human trials.

I do expect the guy to completely lose whatever license he may have for saying this. And/or new stupid laws to get created and rammed through about 'privacy'.

IMHO, HIPPAA is often used as a hammer to keep patients and their families from knowing details of their care. My son could NOT get care records after his auto accident, and he was unable to prove injury, and could not sue. Bureaucratic malicious compliance.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 12, 2017 02:45PM
cbelt3
gabester
Not really, considering it's well known that Bob Dole was in the first human trials.

I do expect the guy to completely lose whatever license he may have for saying this. And/or new stupid laws to get created and rammed through about 'privacy'.

IMHO, HIPPAA is often used as a hammer to keep patients and their families from knowing details of their care. My son could NOT get care records after his auto accident, and he was unable to prove injury, and could not sue. Bureaucratic malicious compliance.

HIPAA had the opposit effect for us. We could see many more records than before. The docs didn't have to cough them up immediately but had something like 30 days to produce them.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 15, 2017 03:32PM
cbelt3
My son could NOT get care records after his auto accident, and he was unable to prove injury, and could not sue.

Wait, you're saying your son didn't have access to his OWN medical records?
You must have misunderstood.
If that were true, someone was acting incorrectly, NOT legally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015