advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
SUCKERED: Donald Trump tells Xi Jinping 'I don't blame China' for 'unfair' trade
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 09, 2017 07:35AM
Congratulations Commie China! All it cost to buy Trump was a parade, a couple of dinners and some purchases they were going to make anyway. Moron Don sells out America for pennies. Thanks, jerk.

Donald Trump tells Xi Jinping 'I don't blame China' for 'unfair' trade
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Donald Trump has praised China for carrying out the “unfair” trade practices which he had previously lambasted after enjoying an official welcome to Beijing filled with pomp and pageantry.

Mr Trump’s comments on the second day of a state visit to China seem far removed from the rhetoric he used when he rode a nationalist wave to win the US presidency last year, accusing Beijing of ‘raping our country” and destroying American jobs.

Speaking in the Chinese capital on Thursday he shifted the blame for the huge trade deficit between the world’s two biggest economies to previous administrations.

"I don't blame China," he said. "After all, who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens?"

To applause from officials and business leaders from the US and China, Mr Trump added: "I give China great credit."

Mr Trump also described the US-China trade relationship as “very one-sided and unfair”, and said the deficit between the two countries was “shockingly" large.

The US president was speaking after a colourful welcome ceremony in Tiananmen Square, where children waved US and Chinese flags at the two leaders and a military band played the national anthems.

Mr Trump also held bilateral talks with Xi Jinping, the Chinese president, at Beijing’s cavernous Great Hall of the People on Thursday.
-
The day included announcements that the US and China had signed agreements valued at more than $250 billion (£191 bn) for products including US-made jet engines, auto parts, liquefied natural gas and beef. Many of the contracts appeared to represent purchases that Chinese businesses would have made anyway, but were saved for Mr Trump's visit.

China's trade surplus with the United States in October widened by 12.2 percent from a year earlier, to $26.6 billion, according to Chinese customs data released Wednesday. The total surplus with the United States for the first 10 months of the year rose to $223 billion.

Mr Xi pledged to improve the business environment in China, saying that “China will not close its doors” and will open them "even wider".

He also said US-China relations were at a "new historic starting point," in comments which seemed to underline what many see as a developing ‘bromance’ between the two leaders.

Mr Xi also sought to allay fears that Beijing is becoming increasingly assertive in foreign affairs and a growing threat to peace as it continues to expand its military reach. "The Pacific Ocean is big enough to accommodate both China and the United States," he said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SUCKERED: Donald Trump tells Xi Jinping 'I don't blame China' for 'unfair' trade
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 09, 2017 07:57AM
Well congratulations, Donnie. You now just singlehandedly DESTROYED every single ICC challenge for China's relentless dumping of below cost products on the US in order to destroy our economy.

Court, Today:
"Your Honor, we move that the court dismiss this suit, as the President stated that it's not our fault."
(incoherent screaming from the US attorney)
(gavel bangs)
"Dismissed !"
Re: SUCKERED: Donald Trump tells Xi Jinping 'I don't blame China' for 'unfair' trade
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 09, 2017 10:16AM
One more example of the worthlessness of his word. During the campaign he used China as a straw man to attract dispossessed blue collar workers. Sorry, guys - I was just kidding!

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 10:19AM by Ammo.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 09, 2017 11:12AM
China, you say?

[www.youtube.com]

Remix: [www.youtube.com]

Extended Cut: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 11:14AM by Acer.
Date: November 09, 2017 02:34PM
Trump supporters say...

"He never said those bad campaign things about China-FAKE NEWS"
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 09, 2017 03:09PM
China continues to use NK as a leverage point. Hard to say what their true end game is: economic leverage to avoid currency manipulation penalties, distraction from their island grabs to choke off shipping through their territory...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: November 10, 2017 09:40AM
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 10, 2017 10:08AM
Winning! So much winning
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015