advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another way to attack fake news
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 09, 2017 09:34AM
"The House of Ways & Means Committee just released tax reform legislations that limit the business deductions of advertising expenses to offset costs of lowering the corporate tax rate. Advertising is a very necessary expense for millions of businesses, and no different than other expenses such as rent or office supplies. Help preserve the businesses in our towns and cities by writing to your Member of Congress, and opposing the Advertising Tax."

Support your favorite newspaper.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another way to attack fake news
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 09, 2017 10:12AM
We subscribe to our local paper 7 days/week. I just don't think digital media presents as an easily accessible, overall snapshot of the news as well as print does. I read the paper first, then go to the web for more in-depth coverage and alternate viewpoints.

Of course, this process takes time and isn't cheap. I also feel more vulnerable to being manipulated with digital media, although I can't say exactly why. Speedy's post is another good reason to support print.

Sorry, I've got to go write some paper checks and drop them off at my creditors. old fogey smiley

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015