advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Louis C.K [ latest sex scandal ]....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 09, 2017 04:12PM
....the comedian.....he likes to 'touch himself' to fruition in front of woman.......his movie was supposed to come out today, cancelled.....

......did this to women on set of TV pilot....Courtney Cox and Davie Arquette, producers, confirmed it happened....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 04:32PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Louis C.K [ latest sex scandal ]....
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 09, 2017 04:22PM
2017: the year the rocks got lifted and we all got to see what was underneath.

It's just unfortunate that it took this long.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 09, 2017 04:45PM
I'd be more surprised if he hadn't done something like this.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 09, 2017 05:40PM
Drain the swamp
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: November 09, 2017 07:06PM
I can't say that I'm too surprised by this. His comedy is brilliant, but it goes to some weird places.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 09, 2017 07:27PM
Sorry his young daughters have to know about this, but his ex needs to make sure this doesn't happen in front of them.

I was surprised to read in the Times piece that at least one of the victims wasn't sure if what he was doing was illegal. And she was an adult at the time.

I wish that every woman this happened to would go and make a report to the police. It's not enough for him to apologize, accountability would help this happen less in the future (I think, I hope??) It's actually good that these men are suffering damage to their finances, careers and reputations.

I know women fear career retaliation from influential men and that's part of the reason they don't report. That's legit and this behavior is 100% his responsibility, not theirs. And as usual, bystanders could have done something too.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 10, 2017 09:29AM
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Well past time to hold ourselves and others accountable. Everywhere, all the time.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 10, 2017 09:57AM
rjmacs
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Well past time to hold ourselves and others accountable. Everywhere, all the time.

Where's he going?
Date: November 10, 2017 10:47AM
vision63
rjmacs

Where's he going?

I suspect, with great hope, that it won't be long before his career is as active and exciting as Kevin Spacey's.

Spacey, you may have heard, has been fired from his current gig, has had a film in post-production canceled, and has been wholly replaced in another upcoming feature in which all of his scenes had already been filmed, but all that footage has been shelved and Christopher Plummer is under contract to reshoot his scenes.

rj
AKA
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 10, 2017 11:47AM
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs

Where's he going?

I suspect, with great hope, that it won't be long before his career is as active and exciting as Kevin Spacey's.

Spacey, you may have heard, has been fired from his current gig, has had a film in post-production canceled, and has been wholly replaced in another upcoming feature in which all of his scenes had already been filmed, but all that footage has been shelved and Christopher Plummer is under contract to reshoot his scenes.

Yeah but he ain't going nowhere. I thought the other guy was going to jail.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 10, 2017 02:27PM
Guess what? He did the honorable thing (well, at least as honorable as one can be in this situation):

Louis C.K. responds to sexual misconduct allegations: ‘These stories are true’

“I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.”

I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

How about you, Judge Moore?

Hahahahhaaahaahaahaaaa. Just kidding. That'll never happen.
Posted by: Pops
Date: November 10, 2017 04:27PM
NewtonMP2100
he likes to 'touch himself' to fruition
That's not phrase I'm familiar with. I'd prefer to leave it that way. smiling smiley
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 10, 2017 05:13PM
Louis C.K. wins "best crisis communications/public relations team". That's a well-crafted letter. I'd like to think he wrote it himself but I don't know if celebrities even do that these days.

Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: November 10, 2017 06:39PM
$tevie
Louis C.K. wins "best crisis communications/public relations team". That's a well-crafted letter. I'd like to think he wrote it himself but I don't know if celebrities even do that these days.

Reading it, it sounds like him. I think those are his words.

Posted by: davester
Date: November 10, 2017 11:14PM
Uncle Wig
$tevie

Reading it, it sounds like him. I think those are his words.

I agree. What he did is inexcusable, but if there's any redemption to be had, that letter is about the best start on it that anybody could ever do. Some of the other scumbags out there could take a lesson from this...I'm talking about you, Trump, Weinstein, Moore, Spacey, et al.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 11, 2017 03:19PM

"Sorry, amateurs not welcome here."
Date: November 13, 2017 08:28AM
vision63
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs

Where's he going?

Yeah but he ain't going nowhere. I thought the other guy was going to jail.

Well, wherever he goes, he'll have a lot of time to consider how much his abuse has cost him. The more fervent hope, of course, is that he will use that time to consider how much his abuse has cost the women he has victimized over his lifetime. Whatever the case, he is unlikely to be spending time on stage or screen earning money, at least anytime soon. So, good riddance to bad rubbish.

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015