advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More Republican leaders behaving badly in mysterious ways
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 10, 2017 04:41PM
Somehow I had missed this one, but the GOP speaker of the Kentucky House and 3 GOP legislative chairmen jointly settled a sexual harrassment claim filed by a member of the House Republican Caucus’ staff. Details are quite sketchy, considering they settled this quietly out-of-court, and that the four can't seem to present a unified face:

Kentucky’s former Republican House speaker has been hospitalized days after resigning his leadership position amid sexual harassment allegations. [Speaker] Hoover denied the harassment allegation. He said he sent "inappropriate but consensual text messages". A statement from a family member Friday morning said Jeff Hoover had a heart-related issue and asked for privacy.

I'm sure. BTW, what is an "inappropriate but consensual text message"?

Michael Meredith (chairman of the Local Government Committee.) refused comment on the case and the out-of-court settlement. Jim DeCesare (chairman of the Economic Development and Workforce Investment Committee) also said he would not comment, but added “I can say I’ve done nothing to be ashamed of, and welcome the independent investigation and its findings.”

But Rep. Brian Linder has apologized publicly to his family and voters:

“I am deeply sorry and want to publicly apologize to my family and you, the voters, who elected me to represent you, and the entire commonwealth for my actions that have led to this grief and embarrassment...Ironically, that decision has put me in a place where I cannot comment on this entire situation in the manner that would clarify many of the misconceptions"

Oh, darn. You can almost taste his disappointment at that.

“I humbly confess that I have made some mistakes.”

Unfortunately he's not talking about the pension for Kentucky state employees, under his purview as (former) chairman of the Public Pension Oversight Board, which is said to be the worst-funded in the nation.

All of these deeply remorseful GOP pols are leaving office as a result of this scandal. Hahahahahaa, only joking, of course - none are quitting, even though the party has stripped them of their previous posts. You step down, and next thing you know, a Democrat might take your place.

And as we've seen in Alabama, they'd vote for an outrageously hypocritical child molester before they'd vote for a Democrat.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More Republican leaders behaving badly in mysterious ways
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 10, 2017 05:03PM
Re: More Republican leaders behaving badly in mysterious ways
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 10, 2017 09:26PM
OK, so 14 y.o. girls are fair game for sexploitation. I wonder if they would be fine with a 10 y.o. boy? Or would they boy need to be dead, too, before they could vote for someone else.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015