advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Iranian people so friendly
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 11, 2017 03:39AM
Never had my picture taken so much. They love the American people but don't like Trump or our government. "How did he get elected?"

Yes, gals....the hijabs are hot to wear.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Iranian people so friendly
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 11, 2017 07:09AM
You're WHERE?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 11, 2017 10:40AM
samintx
They love the American people but don't like Trump or our government. "How did he get elected?"

So how did they feel about Obama? How many Americans were on your tour with you? Did you see lots of other Americans? Expensive? Going to North Korea next?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: max
Date: November 11, 2017 12:03PM
samintx

Yes, gals....the hijabs are hot to wear.
If you think hijabs are hot, try a burqa....
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 11, 2017 12:28PM
My Iranian colleagues are almost all positive to the US but unforgiving of how the US government has treated them.
Date: November 12, 2017 01:43AM
Speedy
samintx
They love the American people but don't like Trump or our government. "How did he get elected?"

So how did they feel about Obama? How many Americans were on your tour with you? Did you see lots of other Americans? Expensive? Going to North Korea next?

16 Americans.. Did not run into other Americans.Lots of Germans and French. Some Italians. Euros best to take. No CCs. Can change US dollars.

Obama: not much word except better than 45..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 01:44AM by samintx.
Date: November 12, 2017 01:45AM
sekker
My Iranian colleagues are almost all positive to the US but unforgiving of how the US government has treated them.

Exactly what I found.
Date: November 12, 2017 07:55AM
samintx
sekker

Exactly what I found.

But for how long have they felt this way? Since the shah?

Posted by: billb
Date: November 12, 2017 08:06AM
They learn quickly how to squeeze dollars from tourists and tell you just what you want to hear to extract the same.
They weren't laughing with you.

When I was there most women wore simple scarfs rather than less revealing chadors and hijabs.
Just as many dressing western style as not.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 08:13AM by billb.
Date: November 12, 2017 11:00AM
billb
They learn quickly how to squeeze dollars from tourists and tell you just what you want to hear to extract the same.
They weren't laughing with you.

When I was there most women wore simple scarfs rather than less revealing chadors and hijabs.
Just as many dressing western style as not.

Not my experience
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 13, 2017 04:38AM
I have always wondered why the US has closer ties with an obviously more repressive Saudi Arabia than a more Western oriented Iran. Women in Iran are highly educated, and are more Western in their dress and outlook, as are some men. Matt Lauer was in Iran back in 2007 (I think) as part of his "Where in the World is Mat Lauer?" Today Show program, I remember watching those segments and came away with quite a favorable impression of Iran. Here are 3 segments that are worth watching:

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

The only reason I can come up with is a geopolitical one, US and Israel are strong allies, Iran has sworn to eradicate Israel off the map, and Saudi Arabia has been almost neutral; they never participated in the Arab-Israeli wars. Which, again seems odd, Iran is Persian by ethnicity, not Arabic, and Israeli and Iranian societies seem more compatible with each other..
Date: November 13, 2017 06:10AM
I would not say attire is western. You are forgetting 1979 revolution. One of our ladies was stopped by the police because her head covering was not on. The country as I saw it very strict in following laws.

9 years is a long time in politics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 06:13AM by samintx.
Posted by: max
Date: November 13, 2017 03:31PM
Sam3
The only reason I can come up with is a geopolitical one, US and Israel are strong allies, Iran has sworn to eradicate Israel off the map, and Saudi Arabia has been almost neutral; they never participated in the Arab-Israeli wars. Which, again seems odd, Iran is Persian by ethnicity, not Arabic, and Israeli and Iranian societies seem more compatible with each other..

Sure, that is it.
Of course you do have to forget about the 444 days the Iranian regime held 52 Americans hostage, after invading American territory.

Or if you conveniently forget the 241 Marines assassinated by the Iranian proxy in Lebanon in 1983....
Date: November 13, 2017 04:04PM
max
Sam3

Sure, that is it.
Of course you do have to forget about the 444 days the Iranian regime held 52 Americans hostage, after invading American territory.

Or if you conveniently forget the 241 Marines assassinated by the Iranian proxy in Lebanon in 1983....

Or the coup we engineered to install the shah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 176
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015