advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump's Big Fat Liar: "Lawmakers question whether key CIA nominee misled Congress"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 11, 2017 05:15PM
Another Trump High Quality nominee.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two former CIA employees are accusing the Trump administration’s choice for CIA chief watchdog of being less than candid when he told Congress he didn’t know about any active whistleblower complaints against him. Members of the Senate Intelligence Committee asked Christopher Sharpley, the current acting inspector general who’s in line for the permanent job, about complaints that he and other managers participated in retaliation against CIA workers who alerted congressional committees and other authorities about alleged misconduct. “I’m unaware of any open investigations on me, the details of any complaints about me,” Sharpley testified at his confirmation hearing last month.
[apnews.com]
Sens. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Ron Wyden say they find it hard to believe Sharpley didn’t know about the complaints when he testified. They said one of the open cases is being investigated by the Department of Homeland Security’s internal watchdog.

They say that inspector general’s office, which is looking into the CIA matter to avoid a conflict of interest, asked Sharpley in January for documents. The office asked to interview Sharpley on Oct. 12. Sharpley’s office said he wouldn’t be available until after Oct. 17 — the day he testified to senators.

“How is it possible that he could have been unaware of any open investigations against him at the time he testified?” Grassley, R-Iowa, and Wyden, D-Ore., asked in a letter they wrote to Senate intelligence committee leaders.

GOP Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, had planned a vote on Sharpley’s nomination last month. It has been delayed while the committee holds discussions about the whistleblower cases, according to someone familiar with the matter. The person wasn’t authorized to discuss the issue and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

CIA spokesman Ryan Trapani defended Sharpley’s five-year tenure at the agency as deputy and then acting inspector general. He said Sharpley has 36 years of investigative and law enforcement experience and created two inspectors general offices from scratch within the federal government.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump's Big Fat Liar: "Lawmakers question whether key CIA nominee misled Congress"
Posted by: hal
Date: November 11, 2017 05:56PM
I find this quote very revealing:

Trump later declined to say whether embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore should resign, adding that he doesn’t know enough about the allegations to weigh in. Moore has been accused of initiating sexual contact with teenagers decades ago.

“Well again, I’ve been with you folks, so I haven’t gotten to see too much,” he said. “And believe it or not, even when I’m in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television. I know they like to say that.”'

[www.politico.com]

No one asked about his TV watching habits - they asked for an opinion. And he answered that he hasn't been able to 'see much'. Meaning that he hasn't had time to watch TV which seems to be required for him to form an opinion. Sad.
Re: Trump's Big Fat Liar: "Lawmakers question whether key CIA nominee misled Congress"
Posted by: hal
Date: November 11, 2017 07:34PM
I guess we're gonna need a new head of CIA...

[www.cnn.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 11, 2017 08:29PM
hal
I guess we're gonna need a new head of CIA...

[www.cnn.com]

Who are you going to believe, eight Intel agencies or Vlad? Comrade Trump knows his place.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 11, 2017 11:22PM
After talking to the adults, he tried to undo the damage.

On Sunday, Mr. Trump seemed to walk his comments back a bit, saying that he did not dispute the assessment of the nation’s key intelligence agencies that Russia had intervened in the 2016 presidential election.

“As to whether I believe it or not, I’m with our agencies, especially as currently constituted with their leadership,” Mr. Trump said at a news conference in Hanoi alongside Vietnam’s president, Tran Dai Quang. “I believe in our agencies. I’ve worked with them very strongly.”

NYTimes

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 12, 2017 01:09AM
They need to install one of those electric buzzers on him, the type where the people in a parked van monitor your conversation and send an electric shock every time you say something asinine.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 12, 2017 07:18AM
mrbigstuff
They need to install one of those electric buzzers on him, the type where the people in a parked van monitor your conversation and send an electric shock every time you say something asinine.

[m.youtube.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 12, 2017 08:17AM
mrbigstuff

Maybe they have been shocking him all along, and that is why the rest of us are living in the dark.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 12, 2017 09:22AM
Ombligo
mrbigstuff

Maybe they have been shocking him all along, and that is why the rest of us are living in the dark.

smiley-laughing001 Yes, the current draw must be massive.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 12, 2017 03:21PM
45: A man who can say anything, anytime and have absolutely no compunction to be coherent let alone accurate.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015