Forums

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
New poll shows support for Moore has fallen drastically
Posted by: hal
Date: November 13, 2017 02:29PM
[winwithjmc.com] (pdf)

I know nothing about this pollster. The raw data was interesting. It shows that they LOVED Trump in AL and still do, but Moore; not so much and his support is waning - ESPECIALLY among women. If the dems win this, all hell is gonna break loose.

Since October, Roy Moore has lost his lead, and there are three reasons for this: (1) in October, he had a 54 - 38% lead among men and a 42 - 42% tie among women. This time, he is tied 47 - 47% among male voters, while women favor Jones 48 - 42% (in other words, his support margin dropped 16 points among men and 6 points among women with leaners included); (2) regardless of whether a respondent self - identifies as an evangelical Christian, his support has dropped across the board. His 63 - 26% support among evangelicals has dropped to 57 - 34%, among non - evangelicals, Jones’ lead has expanded from 65 - 28% to 73 - 22%. More importantly, tho se who were undecided favored Jones 37 - 23% in October – this time, Jones’ lead expanded to 53 - 33% ; and (3) the political climate has become less favorable for Republicans even in Alabama.

To illustrate, those who approve of President Trump support a Republican by a near unanimous 82 - 11%, but Moore is only favored 76 - 10%. Those who disapprove of President Trump’s job performance favor a Democratic candidate 93 - 2% while favoring Doug Jones by an almost identical 93 - 3% (in other words, the Democratic base has coalesced behind Jones).

Where Republicans nationally and Roy Moore specifically need to be concerned is among those with no opinion of President Trump’s performance: not only do they favor a Democrat 45 - 26%, but they favor Jones by a wider 43 - 19%, and 38% of this group are undecided – this 38% (combined with lessened support for Moore among Trump supporters) equals the support Moore needs to win the general election.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New poll shows support for Moore has fallen drastically
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 13, 2017 02:37PM
I am constantly wozzled why ANYONE can defend / support sexual predators like Moore or Trump. We all have mothers, right ? Some of us are women. Some of us have daughters.

HOW can you support someone who is like that ? I just don't get it.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 13, 2017 02:43PM
All of human intelligence can be put behind justification.

But I agree with you. @#$%& crazy.

Make me wonder - do these people know that women will actively be nice to you if you're respectful and nice to them??

cbelt3
I am constantly wozzled why ANYONE can defend / support sexual predators like Moore or Trump. We all have mothers, right ? Some of us are women. Some of us have daughters.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 13, 2017 02:49PM
matt... I will point out that based on my understanding (and some training), sexual predation is less about sex and more about power. And people like those two and others are ALL about the power.

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is pretty neat."

(FWIW that overused quote was actually made as a joke at a White House correspondent's dinner, which is pretty much an opportunity for WH staff to be silly as hell in public.)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 13, 2017 02:51PM
Trump Approval Jumps to 46 Percent

[www.newsmax.com]

President Donald Trump's approval rating has ticked up 2 points to 46 percent, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports daily tracking poll.

The president came in at 44 percent on Friday.

Other results from the survey, according to Rasmussen:

53 percent disapprove of Trump's performance.
30 percent strongly approve of his performance.
44 percent strongly disapprove of his performance.
That gives the president an approval rating of minus -14.

Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 1,500 likely voters is 2.5 points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 13, 2017 02:54PM
Speedy
President Donald Trump's approval rating has ticked up 2 points to 46 percent, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports daily tracking poll.

Well, he has been out of the country.

Most of us prefer that.
Date: November 13, 2017 02:57PM
cbelt3
matt... I will point out that based on my understanding (and some training), sexual predation is less about sex and more about power. And people like those two and others are ALL about the power.

But some of Moore's behavior reflect his fears about his sexual orientation. Self-loathing comes to mind. Especially his failure to follow through with any of the girls.

Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 13, 2017 03:01PM
cbelt3

Denial. Once you buy into paranoia, anything becomes possible. Reason becomes unreasonable and truth becomes lies. Therefore, anyone who criticizes you has got to be malicious. It’s a maladaptive response to stressors in life.

And as an added bonus, you don’t have to think at all.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 13, 2017 03:06PM
The question you should be asking is how anybody supported this right wing slime-bag before any of these charges.
Isn't it time for Alabama to be destroyed by Hurricane Jesus?
Date: November 13, 2017 03:43PM
George Will has definitely gotten out of the Moore canoe. What's more surprising is that he has nice things to say today about Doug Jones, Moore's opponent, who successfully prosecuted 2 of the Birmingham church bombers.

He does manage to call Moore a "scofflaw" and "an Elmer Gantry mixing piety and cupidity". (There's a Will-ism for ya!)

Not sure Will's voice is worth much among dem good ol boys in 'bama, tho.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 13, 2017 03:57PM
Ivy League repubs mean NOTHING to the people in AL. Will has been a 'never Trump' guy from the beginning and never wavered. OF COURSE he's extremely anti-Moore.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: November 13, 2017 03:59PM
cbelt3

agree smiley

be well.

rob
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 13, 2017 05:16PM
Speedy
cbelt3

But some of Moore's behavior reflect his fears about his sexual orientation. Self-loathing comes to mind. Especially his failure to follow through with any of the girls.

Performance issues? BWA HA HA
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 13, 2017 09:06PM
Local Fox station news here in NYC is pitching their story in favor of Moore.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 13, 2017 10:11PM
I think enough suburban moderate Republican women are done with rationalizing the lack of ethics of people like Moore - even in Alabama - that it is a phenomenon that will make the Senate race there at least close or Moore will lose. I think we are seeing "woman power" getting some real, if still too limited, grip. I think it is a genuinely noteworthy thing that is going on in our culture now. We probably need women to save our culture from Trumpism, so I'm glad to see this (nebulous) movement.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 14, 2017 08:33AM
Speedy
cbelt3

In the United States of the 1970-1980s, you hardly needed to be a closeted gay person to abuse girls sexually. Not sure why this suggestion even came up; I've never heard any credible suggestions that Moore is closeted. He's just a plain old sexist homophobic bigot from the American South.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 14, 2017 08:54AM
The latest plan being floated by the right to get out of this mess: have Trump order the Alabama GOP to disqualify Moore, and then have Sessions run a write-in campaign.

Oh. Em. Gee.
Date: November 14, 2017 11:30AM
Steve G.
Local Fox station news here in NYC is pitching their story in favor of Moore.

Corporate owned. They take their marching orders from News Corp. Our local Faux station is the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 11:31AM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015