advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Breaking:Today's mass shooting at California elementary school
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 14, 2017 12:53PM
Guns don't kill people...they kill school kids.

At least three people were killed and two children wounded when a gunman opened fire at a primary school in northern California, according to local reports.

The gunman was killed by police after he fired at the Rancho Tehama Elementary School around 8 a.m. local time.

“Multiple shots were fired in Rancho Tehama, with multiple victims. I am told the suspected shooter is deceased from law enforcement bullets,” a deputy told the Redding Record Searchlight.

Two children have been hospitalized with gunshot wounds, the outlet reported.

Children from Rancho Tehama Elementary in Corning, about 170 miles north of San Francisco, were taken to a safe location, said the deputy, whose name was not provided.

“It’s a very sad day for us in Tehama County,” said the visibly shaken deputy.

At least 100 law enforcement officers responded to “multiple scenes. We have at least five scenes right now,” the deputy said.

According to reports, a 30-year-old man was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound to the thigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 12:55PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Breaking:Today's mass shooting at California elementary school
Date: November 14, 2017 12:59PM
more:

Brian Flint stood outside the reserve and said he received a call in the morning that his roommate was injured and that his truck had been stolen too.

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “We made it aware that this guy is crazy and he’s been threatening us.”
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 14, 2017 01:01PM
"I am told the suspected shooter is deceased from law enforcement bullets"

"Shooters" kill people, and "law enforcement bullets" kill people. No guns were involved, legally speaking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 01:02PM by Acer.
Date: November 14, 2017 01:14PM
Those large magazines really amp up stopping power against those charging deer.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 14, 2017 01:15PM
Steve G.
“We made it aware that this guy is crazy and he’s been threatening us.”

Typical libtard gun grabbers.

Hear a gunshot and they piss their panties.
Date: November 14, 2017 01:31PM
Five people have been killed, including the shooter, in a small community about 15 miles southwest of Red Bluff.

Undersheriff Phil Johnston with the Tehama County Sheriff's Office said there were seven shooting scenes and there may be more victims.

Two children were also shot and wounded, he confirmed.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 14, 2017 01:41PM
Let me guess. A young to middle aged angry man. Probably white.

They really ought to deport these folks. I don't care if they were born here or it's the only home they've ever known. I mean, it's a worldwide existential struggle of us vs them. Stop being so PC.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 14, 2017 02:04PM
pdq
Let me guess. A young to middle aged angry man. Probably white.

They really ought to deport these folks. I don't care if they were born here or it's the only home they've ever known. I mean, it's a worldwide existential struggle of us vs them. Stop being so PC.

Gitmo.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 14, 2017 02:32PM

Living near the gunman was "hell," Flint said, and the [shooter] was a known felon who often harassed him and his neighbors.

When a guy gets guns illegally, and he shoots up the place, they say "criminals don't obey gun laws". When a guy gets guns legally and shoots up the place, they say "gun laws wouldn't have stopped this guy" or "this is a mental health problem, not a gun problem".

How about "If we can't, as a society, repeatedly can't keep guns (particularly those frequently used in these shootings, like handguns and assault rifles) out of the hands of violent folks, perhaps we should restrict access to them"?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 14, 2017 03:57PM
It's too soon to talk about regulating guns. RollingEyesSmiley5

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: hal
Date: November 14, 2017 04:09PM
New headline says some @#$%& was just targeting random people. W.T.F???
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 14, 2017 04:25PM
I am really surprised that the millions upon millions of dollars that Republicans have channeled toward mental health has not solved this crisis. What are we to do?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 14, 2017 04:32PM
hal

This makes it terrorism.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 14, 2017 04:33PM
Speedy
hal

This makes it terrorism.

the label doesn't matter to me - it's dead people.
Date: November 14, 2017 04:44PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the next group of innocent Americans horribly murdered with guns.
That should be occurring soon. Just like this one...right on schedule.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: November 14, 2017 04:52PM
Boring. The guy didn't kill enough people for this to make the news, pfffffffff.

How about some real news?
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 14, 2017 06:32PM
Filliam H. Muffman
It's too soon to talk about regulating guns. RollingEyesSmiley5

But it sure is comforting to know that the thoughts and prayers of our elected officials are with the families of the victims tonight. sad smiley

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 14, 2017 07:11PM
Red Bluff and the larger Tehama County are pretty red - lots of farmers, cattle, more and more grapes. You won't gain much traction talking gun control in that area of the state. They'll likely find other explanations to rationalize what happened today. It's really too bad. Can't believe more children are dead.

… Cali has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US, and it was still not enough today.

Sacramento Bee has a pretty good overview here …

[www.sacbee.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 07:15PM by bfd.
Date: November 14, 2017 09:39PM

Thank you, Thank you. I couldn't have done it without my good
ole semi-automatic assault rifle with the greaat big clips!

The two pistols helped, too.

(weapon for illustration purposes only, not used in actual mass killings)
Date: November 15, 2017 02:05PM
....annnnnd...it's another angry (to the point of being looney) white guy.

Neal, identified as the gunman who killed four people in a string of shootings Tuesday, shot and killed his wife the previous night and concealed her body under a floor in his home, the assistant sheriff said. The discovery of his wife's body brought the death toll to five.

Neal had been out of bail on an assault with a deadly weapon charge from January.

Unfortunately, this is just the cost of freedom...for adolescent-minded men to act out their repressed rage with big deadly toys

Law enforcement saw Neal shooting at the pickup and gave chase, ramming his vehicle, forcing it off the road, and then two deputies killed him in a shootout. Johnston said the deputies, who weren't injured, found the gunman dead inside a car. They also found the semiautomatic rifle and two handguns they say he used. A second long gun was also recovered. One of the long guns appeared to be an AR-15, Johnston said.

It wasn't the first time he'd been out and about with this:

Neal had been arrested in January for stabbing a woman and robbing another woman, both of who later got a restraining order against him. Johnston said the woman Neal stabbed was killed in Tuesday's rampage. Neal was released on $160,000 bail after that arrest.

Prosecutors also alleged Neal fired a gun - possibly an AR-15 Bushmaster rifle - during the attack, according to court documents. The rifle was specifically mentioned as illegal in a criminal complaint filed earlier this year.

Again, if our society can't keep creeps like this from building an arsenal and using it, maybe we ought to think about downsizing the arsenal.
Date: November 15, 2017 02:10PM
...also, if you want heroes? How about the folks at the school that kept the shooter out, the police that took this guy out without further collateral damage, or these two:

Sara Gonzalez said she had dropped her daughter off at the school when the gunman attempted to shoot her as their vehicles passed. She said thinks the gunman's windshield stopped the bullet.

She turned her vehicle around.

"I went to my daughter's school and started honking, making people know what was going on," she said.

Gonzalez said the gunman fired at her as she tried to get out and find her daughter.

Jessie Sanders told CNN affiliate KCRA he tried to draw the gunman's attention away from the school.

He said he ran over to the school when he heard the crack of a semi-automatic rifle.

"When I get there, the dude was shooting through the windows," he told the Sacramento TV station. "And I said, 'Hey why don't you shoot this way instead.' "

Sanders said a bullet grazed his right forearm.

Aw, never mind. They didn't have guns themselves, so they can't be true heroes, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015