advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
" Trump Declares FBI's Reputation in 'Tatters' and Denies Ordering Comey to Stop Investigating Flynn"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 03, 2017 09:03AM
Trump answers charges by savagely attacking FBI.
Will his goose be cooked by Christmas?

Trump Declares FBI's Reputation in 'Tatters' and Denies Ordering Comey to Stop Investigating Flynn
[www.newsweek.com]
In a barrage of early Sunday morning tweets, President Donald Trump lambasted the FBI and issued fresh denials of ordering former FBI Director James Comey to halt an investigation into dismissed national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“I never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn,” Trump tweeted. “Just more Fake News covering another Comey lie!”

"After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History! But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness," tweeted the president later.

He also referenced a report Saturday that an FBI agent reassigned by Special Counsel Robert Mueller for alleged anti-Trump texts was under investigation for his role in the Hillary Clinton emails probe.

"Tainted (no, very dishonest?) FBI “agent’s role in Clinton probe under review.” Led Clinton Email probe. @foxandfriends Clinton money going to wife of another FBI agent in charge," tweeted the president, refering to a Fox and Friends report.

"Report: “ANTI-TRUMP FBI AGENT LED CLINTON EMAIL PROBE” Now it all starts to make sense!" he tweeted subsequently.

Trump’s latest tweets come after Flynn admitted Friday to having lied to the FBI about his contact with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak ahead of Trump’s inauguration. Trump sacked Flynn in February for deceiving Vice President Mike Pence about his contact with Kislyak.

Trump stoked the controversy further Saturday, claiming that one of the reasons he had sacked Flynn was that he had lied to the FBI. “I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI,” Trump wrote in that tweet.

But critics were quick to point out that if Trump knew that Flynn had committed a felony by lying to the FBI and urged Comey not to investigate Flynn then the president may have committed an obstruction of justice.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: " Trump Declares FBI's Reputation in 'Tatters' and Denies Ordering Comey to Stop Investigating Flynn"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 03, 2017 10:05AM
Without changing a word of the lyrics, I can imagine Trump singing it:

Shattered, shattered
Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, I'm in tatters!
I'm a shattered
Shattered

Friends are so alarming
And my lover's never charming
Life's just a cocktail party on the street
Big Apple
People dressed in plastic bags
Directing traffic
Some kind of fashion
Shattered
Laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex
Look at me, I'm in tatters
I'm a shattered
Shattered

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta -- I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, shattered)
Work and work for love and sex
Ain't you hungry for success, success, success, success
Does it matter? (Shattered) Does it matter?
I'm shattered.
Shattered
Ahhh, look at me, I'm a shattered
I'm a shattered
Look at me- I'm a shattered, yeah

Pride and joy and greed and sex
That's what makes our town the best
Pride and joy and dirty dreams and still surviving on the street
And look at me, I'm in tatters, yeah
I've been battered, what does it matter
Does it matter, uh-huh
Does it matter, uh-huh, I'm a shattered
Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up
To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!

You got rats on the west side
Bed bugs uptown
What a mess this town's in tatters I've been shattered
My brain's been battered, splattered all over Manhattan
Uh-huh, this town's full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
Shadoobie, my brain's been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter
Re: " Trump Declares FBI's Reputation in 'Tatters' and Denies Ordering Comey to Stop Investigating Flynn"
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 03, 2017 10:35AM
OMG, deckeda, that was EXACTLY what I thought of, too!

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 03, 2017 10:40AM
He's more Nixon than Nixon.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 03, 2017 11:13AM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 03, 2017 11:49AM
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 03, 2017 04:27PM

Trump’s latest tweets come after Flynn admitted Friday to having lied to the FBI about his contact with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak ahead of Trump’s inauguration. Trump sacked Flynn in February for deceiving Vice President Mike Pence about his contact with Kislyak.

Uh, no and no. Flynn didn't 'admit' to having lied to the FBI, he pleaded guilty in court to a felony count of lying to the FBI. Trump accepted Flynn's resignation not because he lied to VP Pence but rather because Flynn's close and subversive Russian ties were becoming an open secret.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 04:29PM by Speedy.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 03, 2017 10:41PM
His brain has definitely been battered.

I've beaten this horse to death, but I have thought all along that these insane (and inane) are designed to ease himself out if the office.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015