advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
You are what you eat? - Trump's fondness for fast food.
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 03, 2017 01:06PM
Maybe this helps explain his behavior.

“Trump’s appetite seems to know no bounds when it comes to McDonald’s, with a dinner order consisting of two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted.”

This 2,400-calorie meal is among the details in a forthcoming book by Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and aid David Bossie, as described in a preview by The Washington Post.

A dinner of that size would offer caloric energy for a full day. The 3,400 milligrams of sodium more than doubles the American Heart Association’s recommendation of 1,500 milligrams per day. The meal provides almost no fiber—and also offers more white bread than anyone would do well to eat in a week. This is all ominous for the president’s cardiovascular system.

So is the lack of variety. The book’s authors, who traveled with Trump early in his presidency, write: “On Trump Force One there were four major food groups: McDonald’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza, and Diet Coke.”

TheAtlantic

(Edited for pasting error)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 01:49PM by steve....
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: You are what you eat? - Trump's fondness for fast food.
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 03, 2017 01:19PM
I'm sure that he knows more about proper diet than the doctors do, just like he knows more about ISIS than the generals do.

So I hope he's been able to continue this strict diet.
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 03, 2017 01:20PM
Wasn't Weasel Willy also fond of fast food? boink smiley
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 03, 2017 01:39PM
testcase

President Clinton has been on a healthy plant-based diet for many years now.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 03, 2017 01:42PM
testcase

He definitely was, and had the health scare to prove it....
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 03, 2017 01:49PM
Lemon Drop
testcase

That always sounds funny. Plant based. Like you're chomping on whatever comes out of the ground. I'm so removed from thinking that an Apricot is a plant even though I pick them right off of our Apricot tree which is planted in the ground. Just the term "plant based" sounds like whatever he eats tastes terrible. Vegan sound undelicious too. But French Fry's are vegan.

Most of the Vegans I know don't seem to care all that much about animals. If they don't, then why are they Vegan?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 03, 2017 01:54PM
vision63
Lemon Drop
testcase

That always sounds funny. Plant based. Like you're chomping on whatever comes out of the ground. I'm so removed from thinking that an Apricot is a plant even though I pick them right off of our Apricot tree which is planted in the ground. Just the term "plant based" sounds like whatever he eats tastes terrible. Vegan sound undelicious too. But French Fry's are vegan.

Most of the Vegans I know don't seem to care all that much about animals. If they don't, then why are they Vegan?

I doubt that someone as wealthy as Bill Clinton eats terrible tasting food. smiling smiley
Next time you're in Seattle you should come over and I'll cook up some good plant-based stuff.

Most vegans I know do it for health reasons - they just believe it's a better way to eat. I don't know if they are right.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 03, 2017 02:05PM

...and a chocolate malted.

McDonald’s doesn’t make a “malted”. Their “shakes” are barely shakes.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 03, 2017 02:09PM
Lemon Drop
vision63
Lemon Drop
testcase

I doubt that someone as wealthy as Bill Clinton eats terrible tasting food. smiling smiley
Next time you're in Seattle you should come over and I'll cook up some good plant-based stuff.

Most vegans I know do it for health reasons - they just believe it's a better way to eat. I don't know if they are right.

Deal!!!
Posted by: Pam
Date: December 03, 2017 02:47PM
Who can eat 4 sandwiches? Even for Trump that sounds ridiculous.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 03, 2017 02:56PM
Just because you are rich doesn't mean you enjoy good food. My friend worked for a guy who had millions but was not interested in sitting down to eat. He didn't care what he shoved in his mouth as long as it meant his meal would not take any time from his day. He honestly had zero interest in the taste of food and preferred to drive-through and eat while driving.

Posted by: GGD
Date: December 03, 2017 03:09PM

“two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted.”

Do you want fries with that?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 03, 2017 04:06PM
$tevie
Just because you are rich doesn't mean you enjoy good food. My friend worked for a guy who had millions but was not interested in sitting down to eat. He didn't care what he shoved in his mouth as long as it meant his meal would not take any time from his day. He honestly had zero interest in the taste of food and preferred to drive-through and eat while driving.

Jay Leno has said he often scarfs something down standing over the sink and looking out the window. Paul McCartney said he never got into eating expensive food, that he often just had a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast. Ringo Starr often has a baked potato and broccoli.
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 03, 2017 07:42PM
He is a fishy chicken wing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015