advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What is Manafort thinking? crazy
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 04, 2017 06:25PM
bail suspended because he has been communicating with Russia last week....An intel Russian!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is Manafort thinking? crazy
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 04, 2017 06:29PM
Prosecutors say longtime Manafort colleague has 'ties' to Russian intelligence

Federal prosecutors asserted Monday that a longtime associate of Paul Manafort, the former chairman of President Trump’s campaign, has been "assessed to have ties" to Russian intelligence -- the first time the special counsel has alleged a Trump official had such contacts.

In the four-page filing Monday, prosecutor Andrew Weissman urged the judge to reject the bail deal, arguing that Manafort and a Russian colleague have been secretly ghostwriting an English-language editorial that appeared to defend Manafort’s work advising a ­Russia-friendly political party in Ukraine.

They said Manafort worked on the draft as recently as last week with “a long-time Russian colleague...who is currently based in Russia and assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service.” They indicated they would file further supporting evidence under seal.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: hal
Date: December 04, 2017 06:43PM
I think these guys are so used to acting with impunity, it's hard to stop - hard to believe that they really can't just do whatever they want.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 04, 2017 07:31PM
hal
I think these guys are so used to acting with impunity, it's hard to stop - hard to believe that they really can't just do whatever they want.

Yes.
Definitely including Mr. "That wasn't me it was my lawyer!"
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 04, 2017 08:08PM
hal

My thoughts exactly.

Prosecutors did not disclose the op-ed in court papers so as to prevent it from becoming public. They also did not disclose what name the ghostwritten op-ed would have been published under.

Any bets as to the target rag? Breitbart and that ilk would be obvious (and easy), of course, but I'm actually guessing the WSJ editorial page.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 04, 2017 08:13PM
I'd love to know how they found out, and where it was intended to be published.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: December 04, 2017 08:33PM
> What is Manafort thinking?

Same thing that everyone in the Trump administration thinks.

They think they're too connected to fall and that they're too rich to suffer consequences.

Posted by: hal
Date: December 04, 2017 08:46PM
Onamuji
> What is Manafort thinking?

Same thing that everyone in the Trump administration thinks.

They think they're too connected to fall and that they're too rich to suffer consequences.

I bet Trump has been told, 'no, you can't do that' more in the last year than the rest of his life combined.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 04, 2017 10:06PM
Directly violated the terms of his house arrest. He MUST BE IMMEDIATELY PUT IN JAIL. To await trial. LOCK HIM UP !!!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 04, 2017 10:25PM
deckeda
I'd love to know how they found out, and where it was intended to be published.

My money is that they were legally monitoring the Russian's communication. All of it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 05, 2017 05:04AM

Wall Street Journal Editorial Board Goes To Bat Against FBI And Robert Mueller For Trump

The newspaper has published a series of pieces critical of the investigation into Russian election interference.

...In addition to the seething editorials, the newspaper has also published a series of opinion pieces from contributors attacking the Mueller probe, including one that accused the investigation of “imperil[ing] the rule of law.”

Not saying that the WSJ was the planned publisher of Manafort’s sock-puppettry, only that it’s right up their alley.

BTW, who owns the WSJ?
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 05, 2017 07:36AM
Murdock owns the Journal
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2017 08:52AM
....they could have immediately locked him up....but they didn't......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015