advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Deutsche Bank - following the money!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 05, 2017 08:19AM
[www.bloomberg.com]

"Special prosecutor Robert Mueller zeroed in on President Donald Trump’s business dealings with Deutsche Bank AG as his investigation into alleged Russian meddling in U.S. elections widens.

Mueller issued a subpoena to Germany’s largest lender several weeks ago, forcing the bank to submit documents on its relationship with Trump and his family, according to a person briefed on the matter, who asked not to be identified because the action has not been announced.

“Deutsche Bank always cooperates with investigating authorities in all countries,” the lender said in a statement to Bloomberg Tuesday, declining to provide additional information.

Deutsche Bank for months has rebuffed calls by Democratic lawmakers to provide more transparency over the roughly $300 million Trump owed to the bank for his real estate dealings prior to becoming president. Representative Maxine Waters of California and other Democrats have asked whether the bank’s loans to Trump, made years before he ran for president, were in any way connected to Russia. The bank previously rejected those demands, saying sharing client data would be illegal unless it received a formal request to do so. Trump has denied any wrongdoing."

>>>

Deutsche Bank has been very big in Russia.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 08:21AM by Speedy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Deutsche Bank - following the money!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 05, 2017 09:09AM
What is not mentioned here is Deutsche Bank was such a big player because most other banks have refused to do business with Trump because of his suspicious business practices, slimy deals and multiple bankruptcies.

-He has four large mortgages, all issued by Deutsche’s private bank. The loans are guaranteed against the president’s properties: a deluxe hotel in Washington DC’s Old Post Office building, just around the corner from the White House;* his Chicago tower hotel; and the Trump National Doral Miami resort..

*...which, if this is true makes Trump's DC hotel the new Russian Embassy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 09:38AM by Steve G..
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 05, 2017 09:36AM
Steve G.
What is not mentioned here is Deutsche Bank was such a big player because most other banks have refused to do business with Trump because of his suspicious business practices, slimy deals and multiple bankruptcies.

I wonder with 45's track record what was in it for Deutsche Bank to loan him money. Did someone in Russia co-sign? It will be interesting. Can hardly wait for the movie!
Posted by: Pam
Date: December 05, 2017 10:46AM
Gotta have those properties in order to have a vehicle for money laundering.
Date: December 05, 2017 11:27AM
Pam
Gotta have those properties in order to have a vehicle for money laundering.

True. I have since found out 45 put up properties to secure the loans or money laundering.
Date: December 05, 2017 03:08PM
When I got back from my swim all the news was No Bank meeting. What's the deal? Sarah was saying the media was overshooting again.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 05, 2017 04:18PM
I think Sarah was overshooting again. If Mueller asked for Deutsche Bank records (which there have been whispers about for some time), he probably asked them to keep it quiet.

Poor Sarah and the rest of the Trump crew. They just haven't got a clue what Mueller is doing or already knows, and in their world that makes it fake news (until suddenly it's not).
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 05, 2017 05:47PM
Heh. Yeah, keep telling Trump that this Deutsche Bank story is fake news. NPR:

Later in the day, Reuters quoted a U.S. official describing what Mueller's team is looking for from Deutsche Bank:

"A U.S. official with knowledge of Mueller's probe said one reason for the subpoenas was to find out whether Deutsche Bank may have sold some of Trump's mortgage or other loans to Russian state development bank VEB or other Russian banks that now are under U.S. and European Union sanctions.

"Holding such debt, particularly if some of it was or is coming due, could potentially give Russian banks some leverage over Trump,

Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, met with the head of VEB, Sergei Gorkov, in December in New York City. Kushner has denied to congressional investigators that they had any conversation about loans or business.

This means, of course, that Mr. 666 Fifth Avenue and the Russians were talking about loans and business.

Trump's attorneys have said they believe the Trumps' business and financial arrangements are out of bounds for Mueller's investigation, and Trump has denied all along that he has any financial connections with Russians.

"I don't make money from Russia," he told The New York Times in July. "I don't have buildings in Russia. They said I own buildings in Russia. I don't. They said I made money from Russia. I don't. It's not my thing. I don't, I don't do that. Over the years, I've looked at maybe doing a deal in Russia, but I never did one."

He just owes lots of money to Russian state banks, on favorable terms he could never get from real banks in the US (since he burned them so often they wouldn't give him so much as a mortgage on a parking spot any more).
Posted by: Janit
Date: December 06, 2017 06:17AM
pdq
This means, of course, that Mr. 666 Fifth Avenue and the Russians were talking about loans and business.

Why so cynical? They were just talking about the ORPHANS!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015