advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
and another one?!.....Danny Masterson fired by Netflix.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2017 08:58AM
.....Netflix took a long time.....these allegations have been around awhile....he did a Bill Cosby and drugged them.....and a Scientologist to boot....

Danny Masterson Fired From The Ranch by Netflix in Wake of Rape Allegations

....After facing increasing pressure to take some form of action, Netflix has fired The Ranch star Danny Masterson, effective immediately. The actor stands accused of raping four women in the early 2000s; the Los Angeles County District Attorney and Los Angeles Police Department continue to investigate the claims.

“As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of The Ranch,” a Netflix spokesperson said Monday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him.”

On The Ranch, Masterson stars alongside fellow That ’70s Show alum Ashton Kutcher. Masterson exits the multi-cam series in the middle of production on the comedy’s third season. According to sources, Masterson’s character, Jameson “Rooster” Bennett, will continue to appear through the second half of Season 2 (dropping Dec. 15) as well as in an unspecified number of episodes in Season 3 before being written out.

Netflix’s decision comes just days after one of Masterson’s accusers confronted Netflix exec Andy Yeatman in public about the streaming giant’s silence with regard to the actor. Yeatman allegedly told the woman that the higher-ups at the company don’t believe Masterson’s accusers. (Netflix later called the exec’s comments “careless” and “uninformed.”)

Netflix’s inaction with Masterson sparked outrage and cries of hypocrisy after the company swiftly fired House of Cards actor Kevin Spacey for sexual misconduct. A petition demanding Netflix cancel The Ranch has gathered nearly 40,000 signatures.
Masterson also serves as an exec producer on The Ranch, although there’s no word if he will maintain the title. It’s also unclear how The Ranch will address Masterson’s absence, but it seems inevitable that another actor (or actress) will be brought in to fill the co-star void.

and another one gone..........?!

......One of Masterson’s accusers filed a police report in 2004 saying that she was raped in 2003, but the case didn’t move forward. The Los Angeles Police Department started an investigation in late 2016 after “three women have come forward and disclosed that they were sexually assaulted by Masterson during the early 2000’s,” LAPD said in a statement in March. The police referred the case to the district attorney in April of this year but no charges have been filed yet.

The allegations against Masterson, which he has repeatedly denied, have been frequently referenced in the past weeks in the context of revelations about Hollywood types accused of sexual harassment and sexual assault. A recent story in the Huffington Post implicated a Netflix executive who had been recently confronted by one of alleged Masterson victims.

The Masterson controversy has had another layer to it as he is a longtime member of the Church of Scientology, and at least three of the women who have accused him of rape also were Scientologists.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 09:04AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: and another one?!.....Danny Masterson fired by Netflix.....
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 05, 2017 09:04AM
Apparently intimidated by the career crushing power of Danny Masterson.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 05, 2017 11:10AM
It wasn't rape, he was just trying to purge the body thetans... RollingEyesSmiley5

More seriously, my guess is Harvey Weinstein's private detectives are small time compared to the what top Scientologists can muster.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2017 11:13AM
....allegedly the Scientologists made the 1st accusation go away......as they tend to do with all accusations against them.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: December 05, 2017 01:16PM
NewtonMP2100
....allegedly the Scientologists made the 1st accusation go away......as they tend to do with all accusations against them.....

If it was my daughter, he'd walk with a limp for the rest of his life.

I just read the story. I should not have said this. He denies it and there has been no litigation. They should wait til then to fire him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 02:17PM by vision63.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 05, 2017 05:25PM
vision63
He denies it and there has been no litigation. They should wait til then to fire him.
That's how it is going with these accusations. Things will settle down eventually but right now it's boom.gone. as soon as anything is said.

Date: December 06, 2017 12:01PM
$tevie
vision63
He denies it and there has been no litigation. They should wait til then to fire him.
That's how it is going with these accusations. Things will settle down eventually but right now it's boom.gone. as soon as anything is said.

It's tough because any level of abuse is heart-rending.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 06, 2017 01:59PM
vision63
NewtonMP2100

I just read the story. I should not have said this. He denies it and there has been no litigation. They should wait til then to fire him.

It takes a big man/woman/person to admit that! Congrats! I know how your feel, but you have to engage brain too!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Date: December 06, 2017 03:31PM
Rolando
vision63
NewtonMP2100

It takes a big man/woman/person to admit that! Congrats! I know how your feel, but you have to engage brain too!

Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015