advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
John Conyers retires.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2017 10:22AM
.....another one out....

John Conyers Announces “I Am Retiring” Today As Washington Sexual Harassment Claims Dominate TV News Cycle

....Michigan’s Dem Rep. John Conyers announced Tuesday morning he is “retiring today,” but wants his son to take his congressional seat.

TV news outlets jumped on the “retirement” announcement, as yet another woman accused Conyers of sexual misconduct. Until then, their This Day In John Conyers reports had been about Elisa Grubbs.

Grubbs, who once worked for Conyers, came forward to say the country’s longest serving congressman groped her in church. She says she also saw him inappropriately touch her cousin, Detroit Free Press reported late Monday.

Conyers continues to deny the growing number of sexual impropriety allegations against him.

Happy dancing broke out among Dems who had expected him to announce today that he would not run for re-election in 2018 but would fill out his term. Top House Dem Nancy Pelosi got torched for calling Conyers and “icon,” asking “who are” the women accusing him of sexual misconduct, and demanding due process, before finally flipping her position and calling for his quick resignation.

Conyers last month stepped down as ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee after confirming a 2015 settlement in a wrongful dismissal complaint.

retires amid allegations................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: John Conyers retires.....
Posted by: hal
Date: December 05, 2017 01:05PM
dems really fumbled this one...
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 05, 2017 02:08PM
hal
dems really fumbled this one...

Aside from this he's been an outstanding congressman that will be replaced by a Dem, then another Dem, then another Dem and so on. He's 88. Neither here nor there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 02:10PM by vision63.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2017 02:11PM
....and has wandering hands.....heard this senior lady talking about how he would touch her inappropriately.....and she described him as a horrible man......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: December 05, 2017 02:20PM
NewtonMP2100
....and has wandering hands.....heard this senior lady talking about how he would touch her inappropriately.....and she described him as a horrible man......

Horrible to her. I met him and he was cool. So, cool to me. That's how it works. In this climate all I do is protect the numbers for 2018 and 2020 from the GOP and Dems who forget that Trump is president.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 05, 2017 05:23PM
Overall I think it would be wise to take a page from the GOP playbook and let questionable characters stay in office for the greater good of the party.

However, groping women in church is beyond the pale. Yuck.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 05, 2017 10:00PM
There's little point in him ducking out over this, when his son wants to replace him while defending him. What would be gained? If nothing, why bother ousting him?
Posted by: bfd
Date: December 05, 2017 10:35PM
Endorsing junior as his successor. [www.nbcnews.com]
Date: December 06, 2017 12:02PM
deckeda
There's little point in him ducking out over this, when his son wants to replace him while defending him. What would be gained? If nothing, why bother ousting him?

It's the fashion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015