AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Time Person of the Year
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2017 08:19AM
Click bait.

#MeToo

[www.washingtontimes.com]

"Time magazine’s Person of the Year: ‘The Silence Breakers’ in the #MeToo movement

NEW YORK (AP) — The anti-harassment #MeToo movement has been named Time magazine’s Person of the Year.

In the wake of revelations about Harvey Weinstein and other men, millions have shared their stories about being sexually harassed and assaulted.

The announcement was made Wednesday on NBC’s “Today” show, where longtime host Matt Lauer was recently fired amid harassment allegations.

Other finalists included President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping and quarterback Colin Kaepernick."

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Time Person of the Year
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 06, 2017 09:55AM
Woo! I called it on being #metoo.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 06, 2017 09:58AM
Like it. Particularly in an era when we have a very misogynistic, abusive person in the White House, and as a result a new generation of women political leaders is emerging. Sexual harassment is obviously not the only issue of concern but because it impacts women's ability to live, work and succeed in this world, addressing it should be a top priority. So glad that it finally is.
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 06, 2017 10:10AM
Great. I was afraid they would wilt and choose Trump. I think the women should be recognized because it isn't easy to talk about.

Strange, all this talk made me think of when I was about 12. A friend of the family, about 30ish gave me some bumps at the swimming pool (I was too naive to recognize what was developing) but when he took me to the movies and then tried to kiss me I told my mom and Tom was persona non grata from then on.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2017 10:12AM
I really expected them to pick Pres. Trump for 2017, then Bob Mueller in 2018 and Pres. Pence in 2019.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 06, 2017 11:08AM
samintx
Great. I was afraid they would wilt and choose Trump.

Orange clashes with the red TIME color scheme; the layout department's monitors are still cooling down from last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 11:09AM by Acer.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 06, 2017 11:16AM
Speedy
I really expected them to pick Pres. Trump for 2017, then Bob Mueller in 2018 and Pres. Pence in 2019.

The scenario I want to see yields Mueller in 2018 (celebrating his double header) and President Pelosi in 2019.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 06, 2017 11:20AM
Filliam H. Muffman
Woo! I called it on being #metoo.

[forums.macresource.com]

DeusxMac
#Me Too Movement

Mueller next year judge smiley

NewtonMP2100
.....my guess would #MeToo Movement.....because it made the greatest impact....and is still going on.......very important people have been taken down.......

beagledave
#MeToo this year

Filliam H. Muffman
A mirror cover with #metoo?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 11:21AM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 06, 2017 01:58PM
To bad it couldn't be #DueProcess

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015