advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Concealed carry reciprocity - what happened to "States Rights"?
Posted by: davester
Date: December 06, 2017 02:55PM
The NRA-owned repubs are currently trying to ram through a law that would require states to allow folks ineligible for concealed carry permits to carry concealed weapons if they have a concealed carry permit from a state with lax requirements. This may get voted on this week. WTF!? Where are all the cries of "states rights" now? This law would basically take the responsibility for weapons away from state and local law enforcement and hand it to the NRA. It's all about the money.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Concealed carry reciprocity - what happened to "States Rights"?
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 06, 2017 03:05PM
I presume they feel the same way about speed limits. ("Hey, officer, what's your problem? It's 70 mph in my state")
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 06, 2017 04:40PM
States rights when Dems control the presidency, otherwise federal control is alright.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 06, 2017 04:58PM
As much as I abhor the NRA, I really don't care if any gun law becomes more centralized and consistent.

Makes it easier to target, so to speak, later on.

And yes, I also feel national speed limits and driver's licenses make a lot of sense.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 06, 2017 05:06PM
I'm sure their thinking is that ALL STATES have 2A rights - the constitution is not a states rights issue.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: December 06, 2017 06:20PM
deckeda
As much as I abhor the NRA, I really don't care if any gun law becomes more centralized and consistent.

Makes it easier to target, so to speak, later on.

And yes, I also feel national speed limits and driver's licenses make a lot of sense.

We need to set basic minimums at the federal level and states are more than welcome to make it more restrictive if their constituents would like.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 07, 2017 08:52AM
Looking forward to going to large public events with people who are waiting for an "event" to save the day!
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 07, 2017 12:20PM
pdq
I presume they feel the same way about speed limits. ("Hey, officer, what's your problem? It's 70 mph in my state")

Or how about Marijuana possession.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015