advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump's 'something' gets in the way at the end of his speech
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2017 05:26AM
[www.complex.com]

"Did the President go to the dentist this morning?

During his landmark speech today announcing his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Trump sounded a little off, and we’re not just talking the usual. Literally, he seemed to have trouble speaking.

It seems as though the President has developed a lisp overnight, making him sound a lot more like Donald Duck than Donald Trump. His slurred speech is now the only thing that’s more distracting than his hair and radioactive orange tan.

“Unite-ah Shates,” he said at one point. Um...OK, then."

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump's 'something' gets in the way at the end of his speech
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 07, 2017 07:06AM
.....saw that last night.....found it hysterical that the President of the United States can't even pronounce it correctly.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 07, 2017 07:20AM
Saw where someone suggested his dentures were slipping.
He was either having some physical problem or had dental work done that day.
It was not just The United States that he had trouble with. He stumbled over Jerusalem earlier in the speech
It did most closely resemble slipping dentures. Wouldn't it be crazy to find out that he did have dentures.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 07, 2017 07:24AM
This is not the first time I have noticed he doesn't pronounce words. That interview with Matt Laurer(?) he didn't pronounce Russia correctly I believe the first time but then went on and got it out.

My question is: Why is this "dry mouth" starting up now? is he getting nerves now when he gets up to speak? Nerves because of the Russian probe is getting to him when he has to get in front of people?

If so, I wish some one would toss him water and spray it around like he did for Rubio during the primary.soapbox smiley
Date: December 07, 2017 07:32AM
.......in the past he has had issues pronouncing words.....he will pronounce them in weird ways.....

Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2017 07:43AM
It could well be something far worse. A trip to Walter Reed (Bethesda?) might be overdue. I know he isn't going to have them do an evaluation/physical. Easier to hide things having his own doctor claim he is the healthiest president in history. Except for those disabling bone spurs.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 07:45AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Janit
Date: December 07, 2017 08:52AM
Speedy
It could well be something far worse. A trip to Walter Reed (Bethesda?) might be overdue. I know he isn't going to have them do an evaluation/physical. Easier to hide things having his own doctor claim he is the healthiest president in history. Except for those disabling bone spurs.

Maybe he has bone spurs on his teeth.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 07, 2017 09:33AM
People are saying he's had a stroke. That's what people are saying.
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 07, 2017 09:46AM
Speedy

His own Dr.Weird has Perfect Checkup printouts printed up and hands out to his patients as they come in the door and go out the EXIT. (after paying his huge fee, of course).

"I think every president, and every vice president, should have an annual physical," says New York University bioethicist Arthur Caplan. "We do need to know that the individuals holding those jobs are capable of carrying out the functions."

Caplan discerns lots of perhaps misplaced media interest in Trump's mental health. The literature so far includes a piece in STAT, a superior new daily site on the life sciences, which inspected substantial changes in his speech over the years and raised (largely speculative) doubts about his mental health.

"Everybody is focusing on his mental health," says Caplan, "and, no doubt, a psychiatric component should be part of an annual physical for candidates. But that's not driving my interest."

What does intrigue Caplan is the reality of an older man who is obese, "who doesn't exercise and has had dubious primary care in the past." (Trump reportedly thinks exercise wastefully drains the body of a finite store of energy.)

Such a call for greater care about his physical well-being, Caplan says, is not about politics, namely some negative fallout if real ills were to be discerned. Those who back Trump, he says, are not likely to change if it turns out that he's got, say, diabetes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 09:53AM by samintx.
Date: December 07, 2017 09:53AM
....guessing if his hair is 'fake'.....then probably so are his teeth so dentures and he forgot to apply the Polident properly......

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: December 07, 2017 12:11PM
I suspect that one element is that Trump has confined himself to reading speeches written by other people the last couple of times. He struggles because he is not a great speech reader. Another possibility is reminiscent of Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower. Wilson had a massive stroke which resulted in his inability to function during the last months of his presidency, leading in part to the debacle at the end of WWI. Eisenhower started slurring his consonants in his second term, causing one doctor we knew to point out that he must have had a stroke. If Trump's speech continues to deteriorate (which wouldn't be a one time denture problem) then we might seriously start to wonder. This, by the way, would be a more appropriate use of the 25th Amendment.
Date: December 07, 2017 01:44PM
....the WH is saying it was because he had a dry throat......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015