advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I don't see Republican efforts to discredit the Russia probe, working
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 07, 2017 07:09AM
So, I read this roundup yesterday, [www.washingtonpost.com]

And the examples seem to amount to "Hillary" (really!) and people within either the FBI or the Justice Department doing things unrelated to the probe, such as the guy who said he was proud of Yates for doing her job. Or the guy who texted his extramarital girlfriend in a way that revealed he's not a Trumpster even tho he also worked the Hillary probe.

I mean, I get that it's always Clinton's fault. That much is obvious!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I don't see Republican efforts to discredit the Russia probe, working
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2017 07:20AM
There would be no investigation of the Trump crime syndicate by the Republicans in Congress without the special counsel.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 07, 2017 07:29AM
deckeda

And the examples seem to amount to "Hillary" (really!) and people within either the FBI or the Justice Department doing things unrelated to the probe, such as the guy who said he was proud of Yates for doing her job. Or the guy who texted his extramarital girlfriend in a way that revealed he's not a Trumpster even tho he also worked the Hillary probe.

"they" are the ones that keep bringing up the election but it always ends up the Dems can't stop talking about it supposedly. I don't hear the Dems bring up Hillary and saying Trump stole the election. It is "them" that can't stop talking Hillary talk. Making excuses. Anything to distract.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2017 07:40AM
samintx
deckeda

"they" are the ones that keep bringing up the election but it always ends up the Dems can't stop talking about it supposedly. I don't hear the Dems bring up Hillary and saying Trump stole the election. It is "them" that can't stop talking Hillary talk. Making excuses. Anything to distract.

Very good point.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 07, 2017 07:56AM
I hate it when people use, unnecessary commas.
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 07, 2017 09:23AM
MSCNBC reporter wearing hard hat in military gear as fires burn in the background. Celebrations going on in Jerusalem for 45's great announcement yesterday. The Palestinians are so happy they started lobbing rocks, starting fires, riots.

Will the Repul say anything about any unrest?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 07, 2017 11:08AM
But, but, but...

Lux Interior
I hate it when people use, unnecessary commas.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 07, 2017 02:25PM
It seems like whoever sets the Republican media Theme of the Week had decided that the latest theme is Mueller has utterly failed in proving collusion.

Which is surprising to me, and others, like this columnist who assembles what we've learned so far:

We know that Russian spies approached the Trump campaign offering assistance in the election multiple times. At least twice, Russians dangled the lure of “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, including stolen emails, and both times, Trump campaign officials (George Papadopoulos and Donald Trump, Jr.) expressed interest. Trump, Jr. was particularly enthusiastic about the idea of cooperating with the Russians, and shortly after he welcomed Russian spies to Trump tower for a meeting about “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, he coordinated messaging with Wikileaks, which operated last summer and fall as a cutout for Russian hackers.

After repeatedly communicating to Russia (in public and in private) that they welcomed interference in the election, Trump and his aides cast public doubt on whether the saboteurs were Russians at all. When Trump went on to win the election after benefiting from this interference, members of his inner circle, through Michael Flynn, secretly connived with Russia to subvert the countermeasures the American government had undertaken as penalties for Russia’s interference.

...and that's just a summary, which leaves out any number of still-tantalizing leads like exactly why is it that a president-elect needs to establish a new, secret, extra-governmental back-channel of communications with the Kremlin...and why have they tried so doggedly to keep such efforts a secret? Plus Russian Facebook and other social media ads, Russian attempts to hack state elections offices and offiicals in the US, Trump property loans through Deutsche Bank which may be owned by Russian state agents, and so on, and so on.

I dunno. They're pretty good at convincing their base that up is down and black is white, but I don't think it's working for the majority of thinking Americans.

At some point, Trump will probably have to try to take out Mueller himself. And that's when it'll really get interesting.

........................................"Collusion"? What collusion?........................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 02:38PM by pdq.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015