advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
If Al Franken Does Not resign.........................>
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: December 07, 2017 10:36AM
Does it screw the Dems in the upcoming mid terms?

Do they lose the chance to claim a 'higher moral ground?'

What!!!??
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: If Al Franken Does Not resign.........................>
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 07, 2017 11:06AM
Moot. Now we can strut.
Date: December 07, 2017 11:36AM
Im in the middle of huge thread on my Facebook peg with all my Libtard friends..and I'm a Libtard..many of them felt that Franken should not resign and that the Dems should just 'get tough'.

stupid in my mind..

You can't get tough when both houses are owned by the other side AND when you're embracing a guy who now seems to be gripping waaaay to much Boody..

If he didn't resign it would clearly affect his And the Dems ability to be 'tough'..let alone to win seats..
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 07, 2017 12:48PM
I think its okay for him to resign. There should be a way back, but there should be a period of stepping away.

Posted by: pdq
Date: December 07, 2017 01:56PM
BTW, my exclusively-Faux-News-watching FIL told me this morning, he thought Moore would win election (sadly, probably true), but would then immediately step down before he got into the Senate.

I almost spewed my coffee. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 07, 2017 02:59PM
Kraniac
Im in the middle of huge thread on my Facebook peg with all my Libtard friends..and I'm a Libtard..many of them felt that Franken should not resign and that the Dems should just 'get tough'.

stupid in my mind..

You can't get tough when both houses are owned by the other side AND when you're embracing a guy who now seems to be gripping waaaay to much Boody..

If he didn't resign it would clearly affect his And the Dems ability to be 'tough'..let alone to win seats..

Franken was targeted engineered out of the Senate by the GOP. They used Democrats. So "the right thing" was for him to fulfill their mission.

What you said MAKES TO GOTDAMNED SENSE.
Date: December 07, 2017 03:05PM
vision63
Kraniac

stupid in my mind..

Franken was targeted engineered out of the Senate by the GOP. They used Democrats. So "the right thing" was for him to fulfill their mission.

LOL..you got your pants on backwards??
Date: December 07, 2017 04:12PM
Kraniac
vision63
Kraniac

stupid in my mind..

LOL..you got your pants on backwards??

Well you know I'm mad. C'mon. I mean, damn, if you don't know me, who does?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 04:13PM by vision63.
Re: If Al Franken Does Not resign.........................
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2017 06:12PM
Not to worry vision63, Minnesota is chock full of very liberal politicos who can take his place. Sen. Franken said very little his first half dozen years in the Senate. Expect the same from his replacement.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 06:13PM by Speedy.
Date: December 07, 2017 06:19PM
Speedy
Not to worry vision63, Minnesota is chock full of very liberal politicos who can take his place. Sen. Franken said very little his first half dozen years in the Senate. Expect the same from his replacement.

Sure he can be replaced. A lesser person will take his place. Republicans engineered it. Don't know why that's cool to people. Literally, a Roger Stone said "I'm gonna get him ousted," and he did it. That means they can do anything they want.
Date: December 07, 2017 07:16PM
vision63
Speedy

Sure he can be replaced. A lesser person will take his place. Republicans engineered it. Don't know why that's cool to people. Literally, a Roger Stone said "I'm gonna get him ousted," and he did it. That means they can do anything they want.

Don't assume it will be a lesser person. But his replacement will certainly not be as high profile as Sen. Franken is.

Date: December 07, 2017 09:31PM
Speedy
vision63
Speedy

Don't assume it will be a lesser person. But his replacement will certainly not be as high profile as Sen. Franken is.

Minnesota is not a reliable blue state over any long term. Whoever they choose will be a mere fraction of Franken. Sorry. I'm sure they'll find someone sporting Angels wings with a gold halo over their head. Someone the witches will appoint.
Date: December 08, 2017 09:22AM
Well, vision, you’re right that we’re not deep blue, but I would like to point out that we do currently have the longest continuous streak of voting for the Dem candidate in the presidential election (since 1984), which is saying something based on where we are:

Date: December 08, 2017 12:20PM
pdq
Well, vision, you’re right that we’re not deep blue, but I would like to point out that we do currently have the longest continuous streak of voting for the Dem candidate in the presidential election (since 1984), which is saying something based on where we are:

I'm proud of the Minnesota struggle to stay blue. Proud of it.
Date: December 08, 2017 03:53PM
pdq

That would be, 'since 1972'. We voted blue in '84.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 03:53PM by Speedy.
Date: December 08, 2017 04:12PM
Speedy
pdq

That would be, 'since 1972'. We voted blue in '84.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought MN went for Reagan in '80 (before I was a Minnesotan in body, tho I'd been one in mind for some time previous).
Date: December 08, 2017 04:26PM
We got it right in '84, Massachusetts got it right in '72. D.C. always gets it right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 04:26PM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015