advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This just in: Monday's much-anticipated presidential awards canceled!
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 07, 2018 07:56PM
Trump has MUCH more pressing presidential business because being the president is a lot of work and the president has to be in Atlanta for the College Football National Championship game because that's just what presidents do and he has to just suck it up and he's ever so sorry, but he'll pick back up on this awards thing later when he remembers to tell someone at Fox to put together some awards.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This just in: Monday's much-anticipated presidential awards canceled!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 07, 2018 10:05PM
Onamuji
Trump has MUCH more pressing presidential business because being the president is a lot of work and the president has to be in Atlanta for the College Football National Championship game because that's just what presidents do and he has to just suck it up and he's ever so sorry,

Seriously? he's coming to town? they've already been saying on the news for days how traffic is going to be unbearable Monday and now we're adding in a 45 motorcade? plus some bad weather is heading this way - schools in two counties around me have already announced closures Monday. jeez, what a pain tomorrow could be!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 07, 2018 10:45PM
graylocks
Onamuji
Trump has MUCH more pressing presidential business because being the president is a lot of work and the president has to be in Atlanta for the College Football National Championship game because that's just what presidents do and he has to just suck it up and he's ever so sorry,

Seriously? he's coming to town? they've already been saying on the news for days how traffic is going to be unbearable Monday and now we're adding in a 45 motorcade? plus some bad weather is heading this way - schools in two counties around me have already announced closures Monday. jeez, what a pain tomorrow could be!

He is trying to appeal to the southern NASCAR type fans except the football fans are much better educated.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: January 07, 2018 11:32PM
graylocks
Onamuji

This is what you get when you overwhelmingly* turn out to elect someone so presidential as the president.

President.

*By a billion votes, not counting those darned illegals.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 08, 2018 12:10AM
Onamuji
This is what you get when you overwhelmingly* turn out to elect someone so presidential as the president.

President.

*By a billion votes, not counting those darned illegals.

here's hoping those college players take a knee during the anthem.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 08, 2018 05:49AM
I'm curious to see how the crowd reacts to him. It is a generally wealthy Southern audience, so that encompasses his core. But it is also educated, and there will be quite a few students, that is not a Trump audience.

I'm betting the network just avoids a live showing of his arrival and introduction. Besides he will be in a skybox, well removed from commoners.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 08, 2018 06:56AM
The awards postponed one week. I wonder if it will ever happen. NAACP urged wear white and anti Trump signs for the Atlanta game. January 17. But he announces stuff and never follows thru. How many "announcements" has he made in 2016 and after election that never were revealed. Wiretap evidence for one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 07:54AM by samintx.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 08, 2018 08:36AM
As usual, you lefties have missed the bigly picture of the MAGAdent’s yuge plans. He’s had to postpone these great, great awards because of the MASSIVE interest in these MASSIVE awards.

The POTUS tweets.

“"The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday," the president wrote on Twitter. "The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!"”
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2018 08:54AM
....what a putz....instead of addressing 'important' issues....he does this which only a child would think of doing.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 08, 2018 09:37AM
I think Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue arranged for him to come to the game, for his own benefit. They are both going to be in Nashville earlier in the day, for something, and I’ll just bet former GA governor and UGA alumni Perdue decided that it would be great to stop off at the game. Thanks Sonny.
I think I heard that they might take a helicopter from Dobbins to the stadium, but they also said that they would not announce final plans till just before, for security reasons.
If people are smart, they will take Marta. Driving to the game would be a nightmare.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 08, 2018 10:03AM
Is he going to stay for the whole game? That could put quite a strain on his attention span.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 08, 2018 10:29AM
Steve G.
Is he going to stay for the whole game? That could put quite a strain on his attention span.[/quot

Depends on which team is winning. The one he wants to win or.......
He will leave at half time.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 08, 2018 11:14AM
Is someone keeping an eye on the local airports for planes owned by 45's handlers, the Russian oligarchs?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2018 12:34PM
rgG
I think I heard that they might take a helicopter from Dobbins to the stadium
OMG, Trump loves helicopter entrances and he has been thwarted a few times from using them. I'll bet this is his idea.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2018 01:19PM
.....he is at the point when the helicopter doesn't like him......after eating all that fast food.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 08, 2018 01:54PM
$tevie
rgG
I think I heard that they might take a helicopter from Dobbins to the stadium
OMG, Trump loves helicopter entrances and he has been thwarted a few times from using them. I'll bet this is his idea.

Maybe they can lower him down from the chopper through an opening in the fancy retractable roof of the stadium, sort of like Lady Gaga did for that Super Bowl. smiley-shocked003

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 08, 2018 02:08PM
rgG
I think Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue arranged for him to come to the game, for his own benefit.

Congress is back in session.

Would not put it past congressional leaders to have used a little leverage to get him out of town so they can get some work done.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 08, 2018 06:56PM
Maybe he can jump out of the helicopter like the Queen.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 09, 2018 12:49PM
I love that Trump could not meet his made-up deadline for his made-up event. What a putz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015