advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
No Words...
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 08, 2018 07:31PM
The 45th President of the United States of America would appear to not even know the words of the National Anthem he so constantly berates some NFL players for kneeling during.

At the beginning when they showed him on national TV during the College Championship game, he was mouthing nonsense; towards the end when they showed him again he was a good second or two behind the lyrics being pronounced by the singers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 07:31PM by gabester.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: No Words...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 08, 2018 07:33PM
Not all that important. But does he remember what state he is in or what day of the week it is?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2018 07:43PM
Speedy
Not all that important. But does he remember what state he is in or what day of the week it is?
You seem to be missing the irony here.

Posted by: steve...
Have there been any protests? I heard that some were planned but haven’t heard anything in the news.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Ombligo
That was an abysmal opening ceremony. The only part that was done well was the USMC Honor Guard.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2018 07:51PM
Alex Palombo @AlexPalombo
The very least that President Trump could've done was mouthed "watermelon" a few times if he didn't know the National Anthem. Any drag queen or lip syncher could've taught him that. #NationalChampionship

Posted by: hal
Date: January 08, 2018 08:24PM
gabester
The 45th President of the United States of America would appear to not even know the words of the National Anthem he so constantly berates some NFL players for kneeling during.

At the beginning when they showed him on national TV during the College Championship game, he was mouthing nonsense; towards the end when they showed him again he was a good second or two behind the lyrics being pronounced by the singers.

How far away was the camera?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 08, 2018 08:28PM
From USA Today
ATLANTA — President Trump arrived at the national championship game as expected Monday night, walking on the field to a mix of cheers and boos about seven minutes before kickoff, and standing with military members for the national anthem. Trump was mostly cheered when he walked out of the tunnel but at the conclusion of the anthem was loudly booed.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: January 08, 2018 08:30PM
He knows the words to the national anthem.

Well, the RUSSIAN national anthem....
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 08, 2018 09:03PM
hal
gabester

How far away was the camera?

Seems to me during most crowd shots of anthems being sung the lips on camera don't sync well with the TV sound.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 08, 2018 10:03PM
Now come on ! Singing The Internationale in Russian is reallly hard !
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 08, 2018 10:16PM
Glad I missed it!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 08, 2018 10:59PM
He left before halftime.

The whole thing was just a stunt to show that he knew how to stand and sing at the same time and he flubbed the singing part.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 08, 2018 11:01PM
Onamuji
He left before halftime.

The whole thing was just a stunt to show that he knew how to stand and sing at the same time and he flubbed the singing part.

He may have been chewing gum at the same time so he never had a chance.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 09, 2018 08:20AM
Onamuji
He left before halftime.

I wondered when he left. I also wonder if Sonny left when he did.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 09, 2018 09:16AM
best comment:
"Star mangled Bannon"
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 09, 2018 09:26AM
I keep wondering when the TV commercial comes on for that mouthwash to relieve "dry mouth" if the Prez is now using it. You can order from Amz.
Date: January 09, 2018 12:33PM
“We want our flag respected, and we want our National Anthem respected also,” Trump said during a speech to a farmers’ convention in Nashville, Tennessee.

“There’s plenty of space for people to express their views and to protest, but we love our flag and we love our anthem, and we want to keep it that way.”
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 09, 2018 01:35PM
Steve G.
“We want our flag respected, and we want our National Anthem respected also,” Trump said during a speech to a farmers’ convention in Nashville, Tennessee.

“There’s plenty of space for people to express their views and to protest, but we love our flag and we love our anthem, and we want to keep it that way.”

Who is this "we" that he is talking about?
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 09, 2018 01:45PM
I saw the game. I noticed they played the anthem before the players came in, and then, when they came in, a number of them took a knee (I saw both black and white players do this).

Each time this happened, ESPN seemed to cut away quickly. For all I know, they might have been praying. But I never heard an explanation of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 218
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015