advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Dianne Feinstein releases Fusion GPS transcripts
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 09, 2018 12:58PM

Feinstein: American People Deserve Opportunity to Read Glenn Simpson, Fusion GPS Transcript
Jan 09 2018

Washington—Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) today released the transcript of Glenn Simpson’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee with the support of committee Democrats. Simpson is the co-founder of Fusion GPS.

“After speaking with majority and minority committee staff for 10 hours, Glenn Simpson requested the transcript of his interview be released publicly. The American people deserve the opportunity to see what he said and judge for themselves,” said Senator Feinstein. “The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public.”

The transcript is available here and corrections made after the transcript was finalized are available here.

[www.feinstein.senate.gov]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dianne Feinstein releases Fusion GPS transcripts
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 09, 2018 01:11PM

The transcript is available here and corrections made after the transcript was finalized are available here.

TL;DR It's over 300 pages long, is there a good summary of "the good parts".
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 09, 2018 01:33PM
The best and most transparent action I've seen out of Feinstein in, well....forever.

There's rarely a government secret that she doesn't love. But, even a blind squirrel finds some nuts, I guess.
Date: January 09, 2018 02:22PM
Here's a tidbit from the released testimony: the FBI had a person inside "Trump's network" that confirmed some of the Steele/Russian allegations/concerns:

Steele first reached out to the FBI with his [Russian interference] concerns in early July 2016, according to people familiar with the matter. When they re-interviewed him in early October, agents made it clear, according to Simpson’s testimony released Tuesday, that they believed some of what Steele had told them.

[GPS Fusion testimony:]“My understanding was that they believed Chris at this point — that they believed Chris might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Simpson said... Simpson added that his understanding was the source was someone who had volunteered information to the FBI or, in his words, “someone like us who decided to pick up the phone and report something.

I wonder what this person reported?
Posted by: numbered
Date: January 09, 2018 02:48PM
pdq
The best and most transparent action I've seen out of Feinstein in, well....forever.

I agree. And DiFi has frustrated me no end for years. However, in her defense, she has believed in the old Senate traditions of collegiality and comity. She agreed to Alito, not because she approved, but because it was customary to defer. She has deferred to Grassley for some time. She refused to release stuff from the Intelligence Committee without bipartisan agreement....so we never saw the torture stuff.

But I think Grassley's covering for Trump and the overall GOP breaking of DiFi's beloved norms (see Garland, Merrick) may have finally broken her. If she gets aggressive about Judiciary and Intel, watch out. She knows where all the bodies are buried.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 09, 2018 02:54PM
numbered
But I think Grassley's covering for Trump and the overall GOP breaking of DiFi's beloved norms (see Garland, Merrick) may have finally broken her. If she gets aggressive about Judiciary and Intel, watch out. She knows where all the bodies are buried.

Unless and until she uses any of her weapons against evildoers, her 'secrets' are as good as poop. I don't trust DiFi at all.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: January 09, 2018 03:02PM
Live annotations at wonkette:
[wonkette.com]

Date: January 09, 2018 03:03PM
rjmacs
I don't trust DiFi at all.
Well, you don't have to trust her to read the transcript. It's not like she wrote it or something.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 09, 2018 03:12PM
$tevie
[wonkette.com]

Thanks for the link.

DEVIN NUNES, YOU FCUKNUGGET, ARE YOU READING THIS?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 09, 2018 03:34PM
pdq
Here's a tidbit from the released testimony: the FBI had a person inside "Trump's network" that confirmed some of the Steele/Russian allegations/concerns:

Steele first reached out to the FBI with his [Russian interference] concerns in early July 2016, according to people familiar with the matter. When they re-interviewed him in early October, agents made it clear, according to Simpson’s testimony released Tuesday, that they believed some of what Steele had told them.

[GPS Fusion testimony:]“My understanding was that they believed Chris at this point — that they believed Chris might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Simpson said... Simpson added that his understanding was the source was someone who had volunteered information to the FBI or, in his words, “someone like us who decided to pick up the phone and report something.

May be referring to an Australian diplomat passing on what a drunk Papadopolus told him in London.
Date: January 09, 2018 03:42PM
$tevie
rjmacs
Well, you don't have to trust her to read the transcript. It's not like she wrote it or something.

Indeed not, and I'm glad she opted for transparency. For, AFAIK, the first time in her career.

rj
AKA
Date: January 09, 2018 03:58PM
Pam
pdq

May be referring to an Australian diplomat passing on what a drunk Papadopolus told him in London.

An Australian diplomat was "in the Trump network" or "inside the Trump organization"? I thought they were smarter than that.
Date: January 09, 2018 04:11PM
...but in fact, Pam was right:

A source close to Fusion GPS clarified that Simpson's mention of an internal Trump campaign source actually refers to the Australian ambassador who contacted the FBI to pass on information that he received from then-Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos.
Date: January 09, 2018 04:47PM
Following along with Wonkette here, it's pointed out that the "Steele Dossier" is actually just a group of individual memos, all produced by Steele. Okay.

Guess when Steele felt it was time to warn the US government? After his first memo. Numero uno. He'd found enough to be alarmed already.

Wonkette
Simpson says by the time Fusion GPS had gotten Steele’s second memo, Steele had already gone to the FBI with what he had found in relation to his first memo, because “In his mind this is already a criminal matter, there’s already a potential national security matter here.”

Simpson testimony transcript:

Posted by: vision63
Date: January 10, 2018 01:58AM
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

Indeed not, and I'm glad she opted for transparency. For, AFAIK, the first time in her career.

As compared to which time? One single example?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 10, 2018 04:12AM
$tevie
[wonkette.com]

Fun to read, thank you! (and enlightening, wow).
Date: January 10, 2018 06:25AM
vision63
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

The War On Terror, including FISA. She would put a bug inside your home if she thought it was good for national security, and not tell you even if you had a subpoena.

rj
AKA
Date: January 10, 2018 01:04PM
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

The War On Terror, including FISA. She would put a bug inside your home if she thought it was good for national security, and not tell you even if you had a subpoena.

You should re-word all of this.
Date: January 10, 2018 01:22PM
vision63
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

Ok:

rjmacs
Diane Feinstein has been a stalwart defender of transparency and individual privacy rights, especially against intrusive federal surveillance, much to the delight of civil libertarians everywhere. She has stood up to those who would secretly spy on U.S. citizens with vigor, challenging Republican and Democratic presidents alike in defense of the public.

Is that better? It's not even the least bit true, but I think it's what you're looking for.

rj
AKA
Date: January 10, 2018 02:27PM
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

Ok:

rjmacs
Diane Feinstein has been a stalwart defender of transparency and individual privacy rights, especially against intrusive federal surveillance, much to the delight of civil libertarians everywhere. She has stood up to those who would secretly spy on U.S. citizens with vigor, challenging Republican and Democratic presidents alike in defense of the public.

Is that better? It's not even the least bit true, but I think it's what you're looking for.

I knew you couldn't corroborate anything "you" said.
Date: January 10, 2018 05:22PM
I will have to work later to provide a list of links. If you search the internet for civil liberties and Diane Feinstein, you'll get some results.

[www.aclu.org]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.normansolomon.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

rj
AKA
Date: January 11, 2018 12:32PM
rjmacs
I will have to work later to provide a list of links. If you search the internet for civil liberties and Diane Feinstein, you'll get some results.

[www.aclu.org]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.normansolomon.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

And??? I don't like FISA myself. Doesn't make her trash. Makes you a purist.
Date: January 12, 2018 07:56AM
vision63
rjmacs

[www.aclu.org]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.normansolomon.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

And??? I don't like FISA myself. Doesn't make her trash. Makes you a purist.

I guess so. I also don't vote for anti-choice candidates.

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015