advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What a disgrace -- Trumpo Bigoto's immigration remarks today
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 11, 2018 05:03PM
If this morning's tweet brouhaha wasn't enough...

President Trump asked participants in an Oval Office meeting why the United States should accept immigrants from “S---hole countries” in Africa, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“What do we want Haitians here for?” the president asked, according to the people briefed. “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? Why do we want all these people from s---hole countries?"

The president added: "We should have people from places like Norway."

LA Times

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What a disgrace -- Trumpo Bigoto's immigration remarks today
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 11, 2018 05:11PM
Because America has become a @#$%& hole since you took over.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: January 11, 2018 05:12PM
He's a Nazi. People who support him (on here and elsewhere) are LITERALLY Nazi sympathizers.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 11, 2018 05:20PM

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...but not from any of those sh thole countries!"
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2018 05:35PM
.....he's a racist......no doubt.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 11, 2018 05:38PM
agree smiley

I have no other words

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 11, 2018 06:10PM
But Obama was a racist!

How dare you call this god who currently occupies the sh*thole called the White House a racist!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 11, 2018 07:07PM
This guy is AWESOME. His comments are a big hit with his supporters. I hope he will be encouraged to use the term four or five times during his upcoming State Of The Union. (Sounds like a hot phrase for Chicago and other liberal places.)
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 11, 2018 07:14PM
That no one in the room had the spine to say, "Because, Mr. President, we welcome people who are escaping the suffering of the human condition in other places, and we give asylum to those who are persecuted by evil regimes. Many of these people are incredibly talented, hardworking, and will contribute to the greatness of our nation."
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 11, 2018 07:19PM
gabester
Many of these people are incredibly talented, hardworking, and will contribute to the greatness of our nation."

And someday a little boy from Kenya might become President.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 11, 2018 08:30PM
Why would Norwegians want to come to a country with a lower standard of living? A land where education is valued, where medical care is free, where people understand the necessity of taxes and pay them without complaint.

Given the values and beliefs of the typical Norwegian, we do need more here because the would never support the Republican platform.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: January 11, 2018 08:34PM
Date: January 11, 2018 09:05PM
Donald Trump to Haitian voters: I want to be your greatest champion
By Jacqueline Charles
September 16, 2016 07:19 PM
[amp.miamiherald.com]

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump met with a small group of Haitian Americans Friday in Little Haiti, telling them that they share “a lot of common values” and the country deserved better than Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, Trump said, failed Haiti when it needed help the most. “Clinton was responsible for doing things a lot of the Haitian people are not happy with,” Trump said from prepared remarks, referring to the aftermath of Haiti’s devastating Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake. “Taxpayer dollars intended for Haiti and the earthquake victims went to a lot of the Clinton cronies.”

Later, Trump told the crowd that he had come to “listen and learn” and to build a new relationship with the community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 09:05PM by Steve G..
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 11, 2018 10:10PM
Steve G.
Donald Trump to Haitian voters: I want to be your greatest champion
By Jacqueline Charles
September 16, 2016 07:19 PM
[amp.miamiherald.com]

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump met with a small group of Haitian Americans Friday in Little Haiti, telling them that they share “a lot of common values” and the country deserved better than Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, Trump said, failed Haiti when it needed help the most. “Clinton was responsible for doing things a lot of the Haitian people are not happy with,” Trump said from prepared remarks, referring to the aftermath of Haiti’s devastating Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake. “Taxpayer dollars intended for Haiti and the earthquake victims went to a lot of the Clinton cronies.”

Later, Trump told the crowd that he had come to “listen and learn” and to build a new relationship with the community.

The president insulted billions today. Imagine how long it's going to take for the world to trust the United States as a leader again?
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 11, 2018 11:57PM
He’s a racist.

I’m not trying to defend him. But I have to ask -

Why is this even newsworthy?
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 12, 2018 07:22AM
Ha! Here's how the Chinese are repeating what 45 said yesterday: Beijing: ("trash country"), ("broken place"), ("haunted spot"), ("barren mountains and evil waters"), and the bestsad smiley"manure kingdom").

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 07:23AM by samintx.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2018 07:22AM
GGD
And someday a little boy from Kenya might become President.

Or the son of a Syrian immigrant might invent some kind of computer, and maybe even a phone.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 12, 2018 07:44AM
sekker
He’s a racist.

I’m not trying to defend him. But I have to ask -

Why is this even newsworthy?

Because he actually affects what happens to people from these countries.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Janit
Date: January 12, 2018 08:51AM
Ombligo
Why would Norwegians want to come to a country with a lower standard of living? A land where education is valued, where medical care is free, where people understand the necessity of taxes and pay them without complaint.

Given the values and beliefs of the typical Norwegian, we do need more here because the would never support the Republican platform.

Indeed. There have been suggestions that American citizens might want to consider emigrating to Norway as refugees.

[www.emigrateme.com]
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 12, 2018 09:32AM
More shamelessly crude and insulting remarks from the President of the United States. Our allies lose more respect for us every day.

What’s this guy have to do to upset his base? He could [bleep] on the floor of the Senate and his supporters would eat it up.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Date: January 12, 2018 10:07AM
While hundreds of thousands of Norwegians emigrated to the U.S. in the 19th century, just 502 out of a population of 5.3 million people moved there in 2016, down 59 from the previous year, according to Statistics Norway.

“Will there be more now?” the statistics agency asked in a tweet.

[www.reuters.com]
Date: January 12, 2018 01:49PM
Steve G.
While hundreds of thousands of Norwegians emigrated to the U.S. in the 19th century, just 502 out of a population of 5.3 million people moved there in 2016, down 59 from the previous year, according to Statistics Norway.

Yeah, my ancestors were some of those folks. It wasn't the wealthy ones that decided to pull up stakes and head overseas to who-knows-what.

Do you know that Norway has a "sovereign wealth fund" that it has contributed (mainly, IIRC, North Sea oil money) into for the benefit of present and future Norwegians, and that currently, it amounts to around $200K per person? (This, BTW, drives right-winger capitalists crazy).

Admittedly having never been there, it sounds like a pretty damn nice place to live and one that I would consider emigrating to, if it wasn't for the fact that I love this my! country, and I'm not going to let a creep like Trump push me out.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:32PM
...and frankly, not a lot of Norwegians want to move here:

Based on the most recent detailed numbers available from the Census Bureau, which tracks migrants from more than 100 countries, Norwegian-born people today are the third smallest group of resident immigrants in the U.S. in raw-number terms.

The only two below it on the list are Latvia, which has about a third of Norway’s population of 5.3 million, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, which is nearly 50 times smaller.

Only 500 Norwegian immigrants to the US in 2016. I suspect the only ones that will come this year are the ones who have to (marriage, job, etc) or the Anders Breivik type.

(Edit: ...which, when I think of it, is kind of ironic, since Breivik's attack must have been the deadliest single-gunman terrorist attack in recent history. But he's white and conservative, so that doesn't count.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 03:38PM by pdq.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015