advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump denies making 'off-color' comments.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 08:18AM
....he says he has a wonderful relationship with Haitians.......and denies saying it....

.....he only knows how to lie.....who believes anything that comes out of his mouth......

Donald Trump Denies “Sh*thole” Comment Even As CNN Says He Phoned Allies For Reaction To It

.....President Donald Trump is denying he said “anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country.” His latest tweet doesn’t spell out whether “a very poor and troubled country” is another way of saying “@#$%&,” the term he stands accused of using.

Just hours after the president’s denial tweet, CNN reported this morning that the president spent last night phoning allies to ask how the “@#$%& remark” was playing out in the press.

Capping a seven-tweet blast this morning, Trump wrote: “Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!”

Reports in the Washington Post and The New York Times quote unnamed sources saying that Trump, in a meeting on immigration with members of Congress, called Haiti and some African nations “@#$%& countries.” The Times today has Trump saying, “Why do we want people from Haiti here?”

The vulgar comments were immediately denounced as racist by Democrats, Republicans kept mum, news channels struggled about whether to use the offending vulgarity and late-night comics concocted late-night responses.

Trump started his morning with a six-string tweet about the matter, beginning by insisting a DACA deal presented to him yesterday “was a big step backwards,” then went on to say that he wanted a merit-based immigration plan, and that “the language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language I used,” and finally insisted he never said anything derogatory about Haitians.

The so-called bipartisan DACA deal presented yesterday to myself and a group of Republican Senators and Congressmen was a big step backwards. Wall was not properly funded, Chain & Lottery were made worse and USA would be forced to take large numbers of people from high crime…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2018

….countries which are doing badly. I want a merit based system of immigration and people who will help take our country to the next level. I want safety and security for our people. I want to stop the massive inflow of drugs. I want to fund our military, not do a Dem defund….

….Because of the Democrats not being interested in life and safety, DACA has now taken a big step backwards. The Dems will threaten “shutdown,” but what they are really doing is shutting down our military, at a time we need it most. Get smart, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made – a big setback for DACA!

Sadly, Democrats want to stop paying our troops and government workers in order to give a sweetheart deal, not a fair deal, for DACA. Take care of our Military, and our Country, FIRST!

Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!

dissembler...............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 09:37AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump denies making 'off-color' comments.....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 12, 2018 08:50AM
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) on Friday admitted that he was in the Oval Office sitdown and heard the President’s remarks. Trump, “in the course of his comments, said things which were hate-filled vile and racist,” Durbin told reporters.

“I cannot believe that in the history of the White House, and the Oval Office, any President has spoken the words that I personally heard our President speak yesterday.”
[www.nydailynews.com]
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2018 08:56AM
I'm sure Nixon said some vile @#$%&, too.
Date: January 12, 2018 09:18AM
Lux Interior
As a policy statement?
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 12, 2018 09:37AM
NewtonMP2100
....and denies saying it....

"Lordy, I hope there are tapes"
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 12, 2018 09:47AM
It’s locker room talk and it’s one of those things. He will knock the hell out of ISIS.
Date: January 12, 2018 09:55AM
GGD
NewtonMP2100

....a Senator that was present, confirmed he made those horrible comments.....

Posted by: GGD
Date: January 12, 2018 10:00AM
NewtonMP2100
GGD
NewtonMP2100

....a Senator that was present, confirmed he made those horrible comments.....

Yes, I know, but that was a democrat. I hope that ALL of the people in the room publicly confirm it.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 12, 2018 10:22AM
Lux Interior

We know Nixon did. I would think LBJ did, too. And so on. I don’t know why Durbin had to add nonsense speculation to his comments. It dilutes their veracity.

Date: January 12, 2018 10:37AM
....the biggest problems is that he is bringing the entire country/world down.....to his level......

Posted by: samintx
Date: January 12, 2018 11:24AM
Durbin was just on the news saying YES YOU DID!
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 12, 2018 11:48AM
Trump denies making 'off-color' comments.....

Two days ago, Trump told his 2,000th LIE while being in office. Everything he says needs to be fact-checked.

Esquire

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 12, 2018 12:30PM
Forget the bigot remarks, wouldn't expect anything different from him.

The news getting overlooked is it sounds like he will veto the DACA compromise. That would likely not only lead to a government shutdown. Further, short of a judicial ruling to save it (which I doubt the the majority of SCOTUS would agree too) the loss of DACA will remove many of those same "people who will help take our country to the next level."

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: JPK
Date: January 12, 2018 12:30PM
Fauxtrage!

If those places aren't s*holes, why do they leave and come to the US? Sure, I feel for the Haitians and Somalians, but those places ARE s*holes.

JPK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 12:31PM by JPK.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 12, 2018 12:46PM
JPK
Fauxtrage!

If those places aren't s*holes, why do they leave and come to the US? Sure, I feel for the Haitians and Somalians, but those places ARE s*holes.

JPK

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

To help JPK get the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 01:53PM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: January 12, 2018 12:57PM
JPK
Fauxtrage!

JPK

Where are you ancestors from? Perhaps they came, as the caption suggests, "directly from the slums of Europe daily."

Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 12, 2018 01:00PM
JPK
Fauxtrage!

JPK

So everyone who wants to immigrate to the US must be coming from a s*hole country? Why else would they want to leave?

Even if what you say is true that those countries are s*holes, what does that have to do with any particular individual who wants to immigrate to the US? Are they s*holes, too, just because they come from a supposedly s*hole country?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 12, 2018 01:02PM
JPK
Fauxtrage!

JPK

No, I don't think that you do. Or if you do, you have a very strange way of expressing your care.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: January 12, 2018 01:16PM
JPK
Fauxtrage!

JPK
First of all, the so-called President of the United States should be mature enough not to characterize entire countries by using crude language. Or at least intelligent enough not to do it in front of people who might tattle tale on him.

Secondly, there's no logic to saying that the US doesn't want people coming here from "@#$%&" countries, we only want people coming here from countries that are too nice to leave. He's confusing immigration with tourism.

Lastly, if you can't figure out the problem of listing only countries with people of colors as "@#$%&", and wishing that only countries with white people would send immigrants, then you are suffering from blinders.

Posted by: samintx
Date: January 12, 2018 01:18PM
Have you noticed he has a great relationship with everyone right down to Rocket Man. He never has an enemy. He calls them s*&^ to their face and then turns around and says he has a great relationship with them. Weird.

Where are we going to be as a nation in 3 yrs? where are we now? for that matter.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 12, 2018 02:56PM
In her column today, Jennifer Rubin uses the dreaded "d" word:

Let me suggest there are two types of deplorables — the self-proclaimed white nationalists who share his views and the people who think racism is of so little consequence that it’s worth having a racist in the White House to get what they want (e.g. a tax cut)....

Apparently there is no end to what he could do or say because, they say, “But Gorsuch!” For conservatives who have long held themselves out to be defenders of the Constitution and supporters of the American creed, this represents a gross betrayal of their principles — which look less every day like principles and more like sticks with which to beat the left.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:07PM
Compare and contrast:

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and David Perdue (R-GA) "do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest,” they said in a joint statement.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), one of the lawmakers in attendance at the Thursday meeting during which President Donald Trump referred to African countries as “@#$%& countries,” said Friday afternoon that he said his “piece” to the President following the comments.

...Graham’s statement did not confirm that Trump used the phrase “@#$%& countries,” but it did not deny that either, and Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) already said that Graham confirmed the comments to him privately.

I can totally see how the phrase "@#$%& countries" could have just been missed by (or slipped the mind of) conservatives'/Trump supporters' ears.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:13PM
Unfortunately, this justified outrage about what Trump said is overshadowing a core problem that could become a mini-to-full-blown crisis - passing a budget. A group of senators did the reasonable thing given the power dynamics of the budget process that requires 60 votes in the Senate - they compromised. Trump went from hinting he'd go for a compromise a few days before to essentially torpedoing the compromise.

The game of chicken just got a lot more perilous. An ugly outcome brought about by Trump's ugly racist and nativist side.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 12, 2018 03:15PM
$tevie
JPK
Fauxtrage!

JPK
First of all, the so-called President of the United States should be mature enough not to characterize entire countries by using crude language. Or at least intelligent enough not to do it in front of people who might tattle tale on him.

Secondly, there's no logic to saying that the US doesn't want people coming here from "@#$%&" countries, we only want people coming here from countries that are too nice to leave. He's confusing immigration with tourism.

Lastly, if you can't figure out the problem of listing only countries with people of colors as "@#$%&", and wishing that only countries with white people would send immigrants, then you are suffering from blinders.

If they are S***holes, it's only because of Trump and his multi-millionaire ilk. They've had centuries of practice. You can't have ridiculous wealth without creating overwhelming poverty. It's how capitalism works. Those who are good with that are the real S***holes.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:19PM
^ this.

Among everything else about this president, he's someone who can pretend on camera to agree with everyone on an issue one day, and the next, torpedo a bipartisan agreement that came out of a subsequent good-faith effort at actual compromise.

confused smiley

How do you govern with someone like that? How do you keep a country intact with someone like that?
Date: January 12, 2018 03:32PM
pdq
^ this.

Among everything else about this president, he's someone who can pretend on camera to agree with everyone on an issue one day, and the next, torpedo a bipartisan agreement that came out of a subsequent good-faith effort at actual compromise.

confused smiley

How do you govern with someone like that? How do you keep a country intact with someone like that?

He'll take the heat...

[www.whitehouse.gov]

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, Lindsey. You know, it’s very interesting because I do have people that are — just to use a very common term — very far right and very far left. They’re very unhappy about what we’re doing, but I really don’t believe they have to be, because I really think this sells itself. And, you know, when you talk about comprehensive immigration reform, which is where I would like to get to eventually — if we do the right bill here, we are not very far way. You know, we’ve done most of it. You want to know the truth, Dick? If we do this properly, DACA, you’re not so far away from comprehensive immigration reform.

And if you want to take it that further step, I’ll take the heat, I don’t care. I don’t care — I’ll take all the heat you want to give me, and I’ll take the heat off both the Democrats and the Republicans. My whole life has been heat. (Laughter.) I like heat, in a certain way. But I will.

I mean, you are somewhat more traditional politicians. Two and a half years ago, I was never thinking in terms of politics. Now I’m a politician. You people have been doing it, many of you, all your lives. I’ll take all the heat you want. But you are not that far away from comprehensive immigration reform. And if you wanted to go that final step, I think you should do it. And if you want to study earmarks to bring us all together, so we all get together and do something, I think you should study it.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:33PM
That was yesterday.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:40PM
"Pence silent in wake of 's**thole' remark. The vice president's office has ignored several requests for comment about Trump's vulgarity."

Get rid of Pence first.
Date: January 12, 2018 03:46PM
pdq
That was yesterday.

Oh yeah, that was the day he was showing the world how stable and what a genius he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 03:55PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 12, 2018 04:31PM
Tom Cotton is a psycho lying sack of @#$%&.
Date: January 12, 2018 08:44PM
Date: January 12, 2018 09:08PM
$tevie

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Janit
Date: January 13, 2018 08:57PM
Ted King
$tevie

smiley-laughing001
agree smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015