advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DJI: Another mazing 1000 POINT WIN for Trump's stock market!!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 08, 2018 05:46PM
It's another BEAUTIFUL WIN for Trump's market!!
Over 1000 POINTS on the DJI!

"This is as refreshing as a Moscow Hotel bedside cloudburst!"
"Stock market hits new high with longest winning streak in decades. Great level of confidence and optimism - even before tax plan rollout!"
Trump tweet
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DJI: Another mazing 1000 POINT WIN for Trump's stock market!!
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 08, 2018 08:41PM
Asian stocks down right now may make tomorrow another bad day for stockholders.

Lights will be out in DCRollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 09, 2018 09:15AM
Hey, now Trumpie’s got 3 spots (#1, 2, and 8) in the top 10 of biggest one-day Dow losses ever (but only one in the top ten biggest gains).
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 09, 2018 09:25AM
This has been mentioned before, and I really don't like defending Trump, but POINT losses are useless.

You just need to see that one more big point loss will push the actual biggest loss (percentage) off the chart.

If we still exist twenty years from now, 1000 point swings in the DJIA will be common.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 09, 2018 10:15AM
I'm poking a bit of orange-flavored fun at Trump claiming credit for the stock market, the sun rising in the morning and the spectacular win of his pal Kraft's NE Patriots last Sunday.

Trump and his GOP pals are trying to destroy this country. The buffoonery is a side show.
Date: February 09, 2018 11:57AM
Down again today.

I'm doing what they tell you not to do and selling some of my (thankfully, relatively few) stocks in my retirement account. I'm getting too close to retirement to run the risk of a full meltdown.

Bonds are going down too, unfortunately. Guess it stays in cash for now.

Edit: ...and now green. That's fine with me - most of these were mutual funds that don't settle until close anyway. Glad to move a little bit closer to the sidelines in this market.

Edit2: ...and now red again. Rats. Seven hundred points swings are just the thing these days, apparently.

Edit 3: ...and now green at the close. Woo-hoo. Did I say 700 point swing? In fact, today's range almost exactly 1000 points: 23,382.41 to 24,382.14. A wee bit too volatile for my tastes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 03:22PM by pdq.
Date: February 09, 2018 01:15PM
Saw this today:

Wow! Who is this "Obama" guy that was making America great at over twice the rate of Trump? I sure don't remember hearing about that.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 09, 2018 05:36PM
pdq
Wow! Who is this "Obama" guy that was making America great at over twice the rate of Trump? I sure don't remember hearing about that.

Yet the same people who said (back in 2009) that the President doesn't control the stock market and that the stock market isn't the economy thought this was funny:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015